MangaDex Forums

ieatass69
ieatass69
google it
Devourer
Devourer
@ieatass69 google says why your voice sounds higher on recordings not sounding deeper but im pretty sure you just fucking with me :qq:
ieatass69
ieatass69
bing it
KATCRX
KATCRX
It's true; your voice does sound different on recordings compared to how you hear it in your head. This discrepancy arises because when you speak, the sound waves travel through the air and also through the bones in your head, which can make your voice sound fuller or deeper to you. However, a recording captures only the air-travelled sound waves, presenting a version of your voice that seems unfamiliar. [Copilot's answer]
vmman
vmman
true! Voices travel through air to other people, and through bone conduction to us! If you have a plastic comb, vibrate its teeth in the air and listen to them, then bite the comb and vibrate again.
HoangDinh
HoangDinh
everyone does
ieatass69
ieatass69
@HoangDinh i don't cus my brain is empty so it's effectively the same as transmission through air
Angry_Panda
Angry_Panda
With most microphones, you can adjust your distance and positioning to change frequency response - this is called 'proximity effect,' and can be used to offset some of this effect by getting closer to the mic. However, the closer you get, the more pronounced plosives and breath noise will become, so there is a trade-off.
ieatass69
ieatass69
vmman
vmman
@ieatass69 I cant bro, they're too stiff from... from... from sweat! Yeah from sweat!