1-nen A-gumi no Monster - Vol. 11 Ch. 61 - Teacher, Who's The Victim?

Dex-chan lover
At first it looked like Jimi was forced to work as a teacher by her or something, but later on (chapter 49) we learn that he is blackmailing her: while he came out of the whole thing with her sister as the bad guy the story was more complicated.

SPOILER
...I don't see how that's any more complicated than what Jimi said.

Dex-chan lover
At first it looked like Jimi was forced to work as a teacher by her or something, but later on (chapter 49) we learn that he is blackmailing her: while he came out of the whole thing with her sister as the bad guy the story was more complicated.

Noticeable thing the sister did: She caught some male students smoking and blackmailed them(this includes the guy that shows up later in this arc) they basically become her minions. She bullied a female teacher so that she quit and I think Jimi was her replacement, she staged a photo of Jimi kissing her(the same photo her sister acquired at some point) and used it to bully Jimi.
didn't the sister kinda convince him to work at that place or something? i remember she know what a bitch her little sister was and she kept silent. if she spoke up, then jimi's misery could have been avoided altogether.

Double-page supporter
Just binged this after rediscovering it after like 2 years. It's not the highest quality, but it's pretty intriguing. Hopefully this gets fairly consistent translation.

Dex-chan lover
didn't the sister kinda convince him to work at that place or something? i remember she know what a bitch her little sister was and she kept silent. if she spoke up, then jimi's misery could have been avoided altogether.
From what I recall: Jimi (as naive newb teacher) was in love with older sister (unrequited). He then got a job at the school where the younger sister was. Older sister knew exactly what sort of monster younger sister was, but didn't give any warning to Jimi, who then got royally fucked by younger sister's stunts. Then, after Jimi was recovering in the hospital (from a suicide attempt?), he gets visited by older sister, who was now getting married and moving up in life. The unfairness and betrayal of her behavior completely pissed him off, so he blackmailed her to assist him in continuing to get work at a teacher (because otherwise he was out of work due to the wreck that the younger sister made of his life and career).

The core of the story is: The damage done by evil people in power who can and do destroy other people just for kicks. Secondarily, the degree to which other people fail to step in and stop or at least partially alleviate that damage. E.g. the younger sister (Jimi's former student) who is one of the evil ones; the older sister (principal) who did nothing to help Jimi. Vs Jimi who is a barely functional wreck still manages to help somewhat, though he adheres super strongly to his "just a teacher" boundaries.

And though the powerful at the main source of evil, the rest of the world is not short of lesser varieties of evil: the compensated dating old man who wants to force sex on the last date; the dad who's into his daughters school friends; the fellow teacher who plays off his students attraction to him to manipulate them; the reporter who just wants to dig up dirt regardless of who it hurts.

Dex-chan lover
I mean i am kinda disappointed that no one ended up hurt, but well, at least the former teacher can go on and live kinda happy with himself

Users who are viewing this thread