10-kago ni Menhera ni Naru Gyaru - Vol. 1 Ch. 10 - Day 10

Dex-chan lover
... Maybe not shitty, but she definitely should have explained better.
not shitty? that was the worst explanation for love I saw/read, who would describe love with sickness or pain? first association should be positive, not negative.

is her Mother divorced? this would explain her "description" for love

Dex-chan lover
She could've gone yandere but she chose the angry rabbit style.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it stuck the landing and hit it out of the park. Her transformation into a lovestruck Menhera gyaru is complete. Minus the menhera, she's actually adorable now. Character growth!

Her cynical mother is kinda terrible for ruining her daughter's impression of love. She's the reason Kurusu didn't understand love in the first place, and it almost ended in disaster when she looked for a random guy to take her first time. Luckily POV-kun turned out to be a much better catch than she could've hoped for.

Is this the ending for this (part)? If it is I guess I should edit the entry to have the final chapter at Volume 1, Chapter 10.
Is that how you saw it? I think the mom is decently wise, and she's not being cynical. She acknowledged that her daughter will fall in love one day, and she'll come to understand on her own what it means then. She didn't say love was bad per se. Sounds more like she decided not to define it for her at all, other than hinting that is "hurts". I can easily see other gyaru's mothers telling them in detail about their own bad relationships and why they shouldn't value it. That's not what happened here, she keeps it ambiguous and let's her girl explore for herself.

And she's right on the money too, she knew her daughter would be the possessive type.

Group Leader
Is that how you saw it? I think the mom is decently wise, and she's not being cynical. She acknowledged that her daughter will fall in love one day, and she'll come to understand on her own what it means then. She didn't say love was bad per se. Sounds more like she decided not to define it for her at all, other than hinting that is "hurts". I can easily see other gyaru's mothers telling them in detail about their own bad relationships and why they shouldn't value it. That's not what happened here, she keeps it ambiguous and let's her girl explore for herself.

And she's right on the money too, she knew her daughter would be the possessive type.
The mom is being cynical in this chapter. We know from chp 7 that kurusu's father isn't in the picture. Her dialogue is her talking about her grievances with love.

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
So basically she is aware that there is a jealousy problem. She can identify it and why it exists, so if the story follows on it has an opportunity for her to explore this feeling, how it affects her, and learn to control it and redirect it away from negative actions to improve herself.
It would be a shame if the author decides not to do anything because then it becomes a matter of "Ah yes, another manga in which any measure of communication or rational therapy would fix 100% of all problems in the plot"
To paraphrase a common thesis, "Humans think and analyze with our minds, but all but the strongest of us act on our emotions, despite our conscious desires."

Users who are viewing this thread