100 Days Until Momo Loses - Ch. 1 - Day 1

Dex-chan lover
Is this fanart-4koma? What is with all those "100 days" mangas I have seen popping up everywhere anyway?

Dex-chan lover
@feha its what trending and working right now. Its also a new approach so everyone is experimenting with the format. Manga world is so stale that a new format make everyone crazy

Double-page supporter
How can something be so wholesome and Yuri at the same time?

@Rizkid1412
Thing is, following a trend was always a part of the art world. But this is isn't just following, it's desperately copying with barely an attempt to be creative. How can one claim anyone jumping on this is "experimenting with the format" when you have the exact same format, with the same title, the same premise, the same disregard for artstyle ?

As a struggling creative myself, I do understand that sometimes, we're going to make some concessions to get some goddamn cash for once. But there is making concessions and there is throwing yourself buck naked to the bandwagon, flipping the bird to your imagination on the way out.

Dex-chan lover
@Demomanowar So... You never try some new style by yourself just for the fun of it? Or gettng respnd from it? Or even drawing in new format to just try a new thing, to find inspiration?

This format is still new, there's nothing wrong with people making something that work but with their own twist. Heck, that's the basis of all new thing anyway, people adding twist or fix on old thing

@Rizkid1412
On the contrary, variation is pretty much my motto. And yes, there is such a thing as forcing yourself to work within a template and make the best out of it. But none of those 100 days strips feel like a challenge or an endeavor. It just feels like data entry for artists. It's depressing to look at, and infuriating to think about.

I admit I'm probably way too passionate on the subject, and for one thing, I don't blame anyone who enjoys the stuff. Not in any shape or form; you enjoy what you enjoy and there's no arguing against it. It's more the fact that such a trend can exist that has me up in arms.

Users who are viewing this thread