Ngl I couldn't get into the cute IshidxYunifer moment coz I was just feeling for Real so much T.T. I'm sure a lot of ppl have been in the position where their closest friend/s turn out to not be close to u at all and distance themselves outta nowhere. Idk why she seems to be getting some hate she hasn't done anything bad yet??? She's just in her feelings rn and its just a short flashback so tf. Sure its been years but she's just remembering her memories with this ex-friend and that's it? Why's she getting hate?

@Ellollie why does she have to sacrifice her happiness for others I'm kinda happy with how the author made it kind of selfish of her not everyone should just accept what they knew would be a bad ending for them

I'm glad we finally get to see Rael's perceptive on their relationship as children. I always thought it was one of the more interesting plot points from the prologue. Which isn't to say that I think Rael is a great character or that she should be pitied, but seeing how she's so desperate to rekindle her friendship with Yunifer really makes me question what her view of things is, and how experiences of chasing after Yunifer may have changed her from the original story.

I don't now why everyone keeps referring to Real and Yunifer as ex-friends. They were never friends. Rael's flashback implies she met Yunifer as a roommate and was grouped with her in class, but Yunifer cut off any chance of friendship from the start and just tried to be polite.

Well I mean in regard to Rael, we don't really know her past situation but I think she's been engaged to the prince since the school days right? It's quite possible (Setting is a novel) Yunifer was the only positive interaction she ever had with any of her peers. To which I'm sure the engagement played a major role in restricting her socially. Didn't she cut herself just to be able to talk to Yunifer in a previous chapter? To which she got decent advice towards her benefit the same as when she was a kid saying it was ok to do bad. I don't really think it's a bad thing she's seeking out someone to help and as shown previously actually gave her helpful advice. I would dare say that continuing to seek contact with the helpful person is a bright idea.

Edit: In chapter 20 it was shown that Yunifer didn't really dislike her, and acted "shocked" after comforting her, then the whole avoiding her and switching rooms after no real negative interactions between them, not really surprising if Rael thinks there's a reason Yunifer is avoiding her, since it seems she does not dislike her. Would def stick in my mind as strange.

Ugh im starting to want to drop this because of the hypocrisy of yunifer. 🤮

Those who are saying Rael lost her friend suddenly should remember Yunifer and Rael were never friends. From the very first day of academy Yunifer avoided Rael so they never really had a proper conversation. Rael constantly chased after a classmate who clearly avoided her from the very first day.

Double-page supporter
Whaaaaat, what's happening? Ishid about to burn his hair off, lol? Also, it's sad about Rael and Yunnifer. I think she thought they only escape route from a bad ending was to avoid Rael, when all along she probably could've befriended her anyway. That's sad.

@anna124 Maybe they mean, in the original storyline? Because in that one, Yunnifer and Rael were best friends, I think.

Thanks for the upload!

I think I hat Yunifer is doing to Rael is wrong. People shouldn’t be treated like that without knowing why.

I understand why Yunifer doesn't want to be friends with Rael. I don't blame her for wanting distance between her and the fl/ml. What I hate is that she treats them like story characters, like they aren't even humans with their own thoughts and feelings. Ofc rael is gonna be hurt when her own roommate and group member is avidly avoiding her but laughing and joking around with others she's not even close with. Do I agree with her stalker-ish tendencies? No. If Yunifer doesn't want to be her friend, just straight up and tell her it's that easy. And the fact that she still believes the fl/ml are gonna get together even after all that's happen amazes me. It's the same stress I felt while reading "Survive as the Hero's Wife" how many times does someone have to show you affection and tell you they love you before you get it? Especially when you develop feeling for them too and decide not to purse cause. "They have the fl" even tho they clearly have no feelings for each other. All in all I rlly do enjoy the manga I just hate this troupe authors like to use.

Yeah all the people that said Yunifer set boundaries are telling shit. All that Yunifer did was avoiding Rael for no reason and never responded olin a clear manner. Plus Rael was was restricted in what was possible an abusive relationship. Do you know how those fuck up your social circle?
I get Yunifer was acting for survival, but she's really stupid about it

shes allowed to set boundaries and she's never, from what I can remember, disrespected rael. Like sucks for rael but yunifer is allowed to set boundaries, and she isn't required to give a reason why nor is rael entitled to a reason why, even more so because they were never friends to begin with.

Yunifer is...a confusing protag. She's shown to be a fairly level-headed and mature character, but her actions are more like those dense, naive, and hard-headed MCs of other isekai series (such as Survive as the Hero's Wife, Sincerely I Became a Duke's Maid...etc.)

I thought as an MC, she would be closer to the FLs of The Reason Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion or Living as the Tyrant's Older Sister. But she's too indecisive. She wants to remain a side character, but then has absolutely no plan to make that happen. If her plan was to help Rael escape from the shitty prince and also get Ishid to love Rael, the obvious answer is to get close to Rael, and then introduce her to Ishid as a friend. How the hell does she think Ishid will approve of Rael when she acts like she herself can't stand Rael? Instead she just...lives her life irrevocably changing the events of the story and then just believes it'll go back to normal? What?

Fed-Kun's army
i don't understand the comments??? they were never friends here in their reality, they were friends in the NOVEL that yunifer read before she transmigrated. in reality, they met each other as roommates and yunifer always kept her distance. it didn't seem to work so she asked to change rooms. it's sad for rael bc she wanted to be her friend & doesn't understand why yunifer is doing this, but also no one HAS to be friends with anyone, yunifer didn't owe her that??? you can't force people to be your friend just because you want to (not that rael was doing that, necessarily)

yunifer IS wrong in that she's still thinking of them as book characters (but i think that's changing??? she clearly felt guilty even during the academy for not letting rael get close to her, & her interactions with ishid seem genuine) but she's allowed to keep her distance from whoever she wants, and also it seems like rael was lowkey stalking her in the academy and is def HIGHKEY stalking her, or did we forget??? she changed jobs?? just for yunifer??? she deliberately went to work where yunifer works??? if i was yunifer i would be very uncomfortable rn

as for her believing ishid/rael will still happen... well they haven't even exchanged words and ishid & rael were glaring at each other when she wasn't looking, and also she DEFINITELY missed the thing ishid did with his umbrella, and has missed ishid's more possessive side bc he's deliberately keeping it from her, so. she's not being willfully obtuse, in my opinion. she's also treating her relationship with ishid as a true one, even if she thinks it won't last, which is more than many other protagonists. to me it seems she's just going on with her life and waiting to see how things turn out.

idk the comments seemed kinda harsh, someone else wrote "so yunifer was ostracizing rael??? bitch" in another chapter which, no, ostracizing is another thing entirely?? she's not going out of her way to excluding rael from groups??? rael was free to make other friends?? also, she was late to the group meeting in the previous chapter and it seemed like the group was playing to kill time, they didn't stop bc "oh shit rael is here let's not play with her" but "oh rael's here we can work on our project now" OKAY I'M DONE WITH THIS ESSAY LMAO SORRY

Users who are viewing this thread