Should've known someone would have to pay for the Sins that ultimately created Shigaraki.

I'm extremely concerned about that Quirk-deleting bullet he's pulled out of his pocket. I'll be super mad if anything happens to Eraser Head.

Dex-chan lover
@ClevrRaven No, I know who Sorahiko is, but I'm getting strong vibes from Nana this chapter that Kotaro was her and Torino's kid....

Dex-chan lover
Bruh I hope he use that shit on whoever with major importance, would be more interesting that way

@shinsenryuu @kyrex

I would agree with you but to be fair, that's the moral of it and it's not that unlikely, Of course 99.9% of all lost children will meet someone or find a way to live past their trauma but there are kids like eri and shigaraki, caught up in the evil grasps of adults. This isnt some kid that decided all on it's own that society is a shitstain, there is an adult behind him, manipulating him into believeing in that image for his own gain.

Really, The fact that we saw eri at the end was just a reminder that shigaraki and her are very similar. two kids, cursed with quirks and fates beyond their own comprehension, in the hands of people who have not their mentail wellbeing in mind. Eri was the kid that had the heros walk past, shigaraki did not. If you think about it this way: If Deku hadn't met Eri in that moment, If Mirio hadn't been there to mediate the situation.... Things woul look differnet.

This isn't just shigaraki wandering around for 16 years finding not a single kind soul, this is shigaraki being picked up by the WRONG person. Before any hero got to him a villain was faster.

@kyrex The story isn't trying to justify him at all. Also yes in the real world there has been many cases where bystanders will ignore someone in need of him because they believe someone else would do it there's nothing weak about the writing here.

@shinsenryuu And this is just senseless nitpicking.

Dex-chan lover
@ChocoBar9
When they show Shiggy screaming at everyone that he thinks heroes are actually bad and then explain, through flashbacks, that he thinks that because no heroes saved him and his grandma tried to protect him by abandoning her family, that is his justification for his beliefs. It's why he wants to destroy everything, end the hero-oriented society, and kill all the heroes. We're being shown this so we understand Shiggy's point of view... and it's contrived. A hero-driven society where Heroes are constantly being called on to save people and help them, to the point that they are competing for fame and popularity and honing their skills to extreme levels so they can save as many people as possible, and no one in this entire city said "hey, there's this starving kid two blocks down, maybe someone should help him?"

The so-called "Bystander Effect" is also a greatly exaggerated and demonstrably false concept. The Kitty Genovese case, which is where the term was coined, had numerous people actually calling the police and trying to help, repeatedly. This idea that everyone sees another person suffering or in trouble and they just say "someone else will deal with it" is wrong and false. It makes Shigaraki's story come off as weak bullshit because it means that hundreds, even thousands of people saw him suffering and walked away for days, weeks, even months. That's statistically improbable, at minimum.

@kyrex Yeah because its not like its been shown countless of times that heroes can't be there to save people as much they would like even coming from the former 1# hero himself that he too had failed to save as many people as he could way back in the beginning of the story but of course your dumbass can't read a simple shounen manga. Also a character's justification isn't the same as the story trying to justify or even say their point of view is rigth because even at the end of Shiggy's rant the characters treat him as a madman and don't have sympathy for him at all.

But to shut your stupid ass up once and for all here's an infamous clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StYLX4sqn9c

Yeah the bystander effect is exaggerated alright because of this one case off set the millions of children like in that clip that has the same thing happen on a daily occurrence. Next time you try to criticize a series try not to sound like a dumbass doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread