Is he supposed to be cold? I mean if he doesn't want to divorce her for the princess he must like her right? Y be like that

seeing it drawn out really shows how crude riftan is. they cut out the first snu snu but i'm glad they did cause it rather felt like rape. that teeny weeny blush tho!!!! riftan baby pls spoil our maxi more 🥺🥺💖💖💞💓

male lead is a rapist 🤮
father is a misogynist 🤮
female lead has no self esteem,and thing she deserves to be treated badly to respected 🤮

Fed-Kun's army
@Asbolus It's more complicated than that. She didn't want to but she still consented because they both have a responsibility towards their families to consummate their marriage. Especially at a time where God played a bigger part in the marriage. Did she want it? No. Did she say no? No. It's some gray area because we know she consented but it was because she felt she was obligated to.

Ngl the boobs threw me off in one panel. But I'm excited to see the adaption, at least the sweet parts in the future.

uhhh i feel like the conditions under which she consented makes this not 100% consensual and it's gonna bother me throughout the entire manhwa

@Asbolus
Your discomfort is warranted

for the rapist advocate @Ren_1778

Rifant an is a full rapist. Period.

A short definition via Merriam-Webster
Rape is defined as
unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception

Is their a realistic threat of violence?
[ch.1/ch.2]
Father “how useless. because you look so miserable, this has become a big issue. This time prove your worth. If you make a mistake and bring our whole plan to ruin, it will not end with a simple punishment”
~~later
Max ”H-he’s such a muscular man. W-what if he b-beats me ?”
A maid” you will have no choice, as that is the husband’s will”
Max: “b-but…I’m scared

That’s at least two adult figure’s that have threatened her with violence if she doesn’t act the way she wants them too. The maid tells her flatly she has no choice. In addition to the fact that she thinks she is going to be beaten by Riftan himself or her father regardless. Also she is clearly scared, she says it. Humans can read other human emotion- someone who standing their crying and shaking is not. consenting

Does she have the mental facilities to understand sex ?

Ch.2 “Max : why do I have to take off ? [my clothing]
Max inner dialogue ““I don’t know these things, im clueless”.

That a definitive no, she doesn’t have the mental understanding of sex at all. She doesn’t even know why she has to take her clothes off, this is a pretty strange question for anyone to ask. A grown ass adult would find this question pretty a obvious red flag. Most people don’t understand sexual reproduction unless they are taught. This is made abundantly obvious in countries that teach abstinence or don’t have accurate sex education. A curious look on yahoo ask shows kids sometimes think holding hands will get them pregnant and other inaccurate idea's so her being an adult doesn’t magical mean she will understand sex.

Lastly he tells her she can’t say no- if you actually read the entire dialog.
Ch.2
Male lead :“you must be repulsed by me but we must do our duty.”
Man “if you don’t want to do this then say something now. I won’t force you. Do you want me to leave”
Max” N-no…
Man: then we must fulfill our marital responsibility.

Man: takes of his clothing
Max: why do I have to take off ? [my clothing]
Man: glares at her and ask “do you want me to get out ?
Max: no [where she just stands their and shakes
Man: even if you hate it…endure. because I won’t be able to stop.

First of all, a "No don’t leave" is not a "yes I will have sex you". It just means she doesn’t want him to leave the room.
Secondly he tells her before and after he gives her the option to “say no”, that she obligated to have sex with him. This is pretty manipulative and contradictory statement. The entire dialog shows that he thinks she obligated to have sex with anyway.

If you tell someone they can’t revoke consent /you’re a rapist/ "even if you hate it i won't stop"
If you tell someone they are obligated to fuck you [and buffer in between you have a choice but also I won’t stop /you’re a rapist/ "....its our duty"
If someone is literally sitting their crying, you’re a rapist. Because people can read human emotions and he just admitted by his statement that he clearly knows she isn’t happy ergo “even if you hate it ..deal with it !

The time period doesn’t change him being a rapist,
slavery is slaver. murder and murder and pedophilia is pedophilia a lack of laws protecting people in these situation or era doesn’t “magical” not make it assault.

Dex-chan lover
@blazing_boz appearantly author like this kind of stuff in her fantasy so deal with it lol..
this scene is needed for the sake of FML's background and tragedy

D-d-d-d-did they just skip over the smut scene???? Welp time to go back to the novel.
Honestly with all the details omitted it’s become very misleading, in the novel you can tell that the ML is a real gentleman.

The whole issue here is that he has to leave for war the day after the marriage, but according to the laws a marriage is nulled if it’s not consummated within a certain period of time. THAT’s why he insisted to carry out their wedding night “duties”— but even in the act he was very gentle with her, please, please don’t hate the ML for this. He’s not the typical jerk of an ML at all.

His words may seem harsh, and the FL’s confusion with the situation did not help. But it feels very misrepresented here.

@Syanindita
Im not a rapist apologist like you , so i will criticize if i want.
get over it ^_^
---------
@ren_1778
Jesus christ this is such a rapist apologist statement. Legally being able to rape a woman is still rape.
So what if the marriage would be canceled ? That's not an excuse for rape. Also it doesn't matter if the rapist is a
"violent/nice" rapist,
"rich/poor" rapist,
"ugly or attractive" rapist.
"if the rapist knew you for a long tome"
. It doesn't magical change that it still rape. The behavior of the rapist doesn't excuse or change that its rape.

Just like with slavery or a prisoner if you claim someone doesn’t have the right to say “no” and has no legal personhood for any reason you’re a rapist.
You can’t claim consent if you tell someone they have no choice. Obligatory consummation marriage is spousal rape.

@blazing_boz you can say whatever you want, really. All I’m saying is — the marriage being annulled here is a huge problem for her side. The real question he asked is, “If we don’t do it on the first night, this marriage is considered invalid. Do you want an annulment?”

Unfortunately for us, this is set in medieval Europe and clearly neither of them had been in a position to say no because this marriage works in her family’s favour. He’s going to war in place of her father by marrying her. Thing is he doesn’t know about her abusive background, so the conditional statement he proposed is simply “we can choose not to, and your dad will risk his life at war; or we do it, and I’ll go risk my life” — that’s the deal in the first place, her father sold her. Honestly it’s not like he’s so desperate for this marriage that he’d go and stake his life for it, but what can he do against one of the seven most powerful Dukes at the time? Everyone was convinced he’d been sent to death. It doesn’t hurt him if she says no, because if she does, the deal’s gone, and he’s a free man (though obviously it wouldn’t have been so easy).

We always seem to be taking human rights for granted, remember: human rights is a privilege of the modern age. Back then people had no choice but to sacrifice their rights if it meant survival. Of course their relationship started out toxic, there would be no excuse if this was set in the current era. What I really love about this story is that the ML treats the FL right under these circumstances, and this is not just about them on the bed. He has an inferiority complex and thinks he’s undeserving of her, but he doesn’t want to go back on their marriage vows so he tries his best to make her comfortable. Their circumstances are honestly a lot more complicating than rape or whatnot. Not carrying the deed out can mean death, and it’s not like he’s the one who’s posing the threat. I don’t have a hobby of rationalising rape so that’s not what I’m doing. Technically — if you really want to be legal about this, it’s the Duke that is guilty of compelled rape since he forced both of them into the situation. Then again law in peaceful times doesn’t really apply everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread