I feel like a big break and a time skip will happen after this with everyone recovering from this raid arc

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, big break/time skip or this ends with this arc, maybe?

Double-page supporter
DEKU USING FLOAT LETS GOOOOOOOOO

also YES gran torino is still alive 😭😭😭🙏 for now... ;-;
glad to see hawks & mirko still hanging in there too.. hope they all make it to the end of this arc lol

@botman there was a rumor that the author of one piece coaxed him into continuing it for awhile. not sure how true that is though

Fed-Kun's army
@schultzD My guess, it doesn't really exist anymore. I can only assume that when quirks first started appearing, the military used them, and as they got more powerful it basically became the same as what happened with nukes. It would cause too much damage to wage wars with quirks.

Dex-chan lover
IMO I think the Float out of nowhere is kinda bullshit. I felt the same thing about Blackwhip, in terms of Deku awakening it, losing control, and then using it again relatively proficiently within the same arc.
I guess Horikoshi can always do the flashback meme of how/why Deku is able to do it, everyone saw this coming a mile away so I guess Horikoshi felt like it'd be boring to introduce it beforehand?
I'd thought Deku would 'meet' each personality as he awakened them like he did Blackwhip.

Plus is there no kickback to utilizing three quirks at the same time? He struggled just to use Blackwhip previously.

@botman agreed, my theory is the status quo of the society will flip, with villains at the top, anarchy everywhere, and the heroes are the ones being hunted

Double-page supporter
it always gives me a weird feeling whenever i'm reminded of mirko's critical condition while she's basically become the most popular character from the manga/anime.

i just hope she makes it out of this okay. i liked her before her anime debut.

@SchultzD Do you seriously think bullets and tanks can help

@shoker He met with the Blackwhip guy immediately after he awakened it because Shinso took over his body then, which is the same as getting knocked out. And buddy, he got proficient in Blackwhip after practice. Maybe not too much practice, but still practice, and at the point he's in, that's enough to be proficient at it. And so far, the only obvious kickback is focus. Even if there isn't any real kickback, that balances it out when he's up against Tomura or All For One.

Dex-chan lover
@grim5000 I don't think that it'd be possible to disband armies, because nuclear weapons didn't cease to exist in our world just because 'It would cause too much damage to wage wars with' it.

@R-Mod Oh, so you think, that modern ATGMs and gun shells can't penetrate that giant's skin and nuclear strike won't scratch Shigaraki, right? Besides, I meant 'the military' as an organization (not just infantry and tanks), because in the military of this world must be some quirk users whose firepower is on par with nuclear weapons.

Dex-chan lover
@R-Mod
I'm not doubting he's proficient using Blackwhip NOW, but in the previous arc where he unlocked Blackwhip it was entirely out of control and in the second chapter after that, it was almost entirely under control with him accurately grabbing objects falling around him. Go reread those chapters (240's), it's jarring (Also Deku says "I won't use any quirks" and then uses his quirk at the end of the chapter, what is with the writing?? - Pointless dialogue lmao).

My point is that why can he just perfectly control Float out of nowhere if this is his first time using it? We've gotten it drilled into our heads throughout this series that it takes a LOT of effort and time to effectively master even the most basic quirks. Maybe because he's been subjected to a similar quirk with Uraraka? But even then it just feels like Horikoshi just wants to gloss over it. I don't exactly blame him, because it would've been better to bring these powers up WAAAAAY earlier if he had planned it out better. Now it feels like he's gotta rush through Deku getting power up after power up of what will more than likely be support Quirks.

@SchultzD Oh my bad, let's drop a nuke on Tomura, nevermind it being in the literal centre of the &*@#ing mainland, thereby dooming pretty much the whole nation in the worst case scenario, and in the best case scenario dooming any civilians and heroes that are within both the blast radius and range of the radiation while also creating a radioactive zone for the next several decades. And that's on top of the fact literally no one knew he was getting All For One or even upgraded his Decay, thereby becoming a literal walking catastrophe.

And did you forget All Might was the #1 hero, and he doesn't nearly have that much power? Or maybe you're assuming nations wouldn't come to an agreement on not having Quirks be used in wars with how destructive and chaotic they can be on the battlefield.

@shoker Chapter 210 and 211 is when Deku first got Blackwhip. 214 and 215 is when he first uses it immediately after, and he only managed to summon it for a second. It's not too far-fetched to think he managed to summon it again so quickly and without any collateral because of his past experiences with OFA already and it having already awakened and let out all the pressure that was built up.

And you're assuming he's A, perfectly controlling it; and B, just awakened it. Either one of these is a detrimental factor to what we saw. Overall, you're just being impatient and casting your presumptions when you haven't even seen the full picture.

Dex-chan lover
@R-Mod Sometimes I forget that the target audience can be in here. Sacrificing dozens of people who fight on the edge of life and death everyday (dozens of Heroes are DEAD already by hands of Shigaraki, btw) to save dozens of millions of civilians (who pay to Heroes for risking their lives) isn't a bad decision. And your 'radioactive zone for the next several decades' proves that you know nothing about development of nuclear weapons (it's more safe to live next to a strategic target for a nuclear strike that was blown up by it once than next to a nuclear power plant when it blows up) for more than 70 years (for example, there are tactical/non-strategic nuclear weapons), besides, even if it was true it'd be small price for saving the country and its people. All Heroes throughout the country are involved in this operation of suppressing anarcho-terrorists, also knowning about biological weapons (Nomus) and advanced technologies at terrorists' disposal, so if they didn't have a backup plan, well, that'd be a strategic mistake.
All Might is the same as Superman in terms of power (of course, without 'heat vision' and some other things), so he COULD be as strong as a nuclear weapon. Sure you jest, because official agreements and reality are different things (and it's for the best sometimes).

Users who are viewing this thread