Double-page supporter
congratulations on Sandro identifying an actual crime (murder) that the audience should care about Yumi doing

but points knocked off for not mentioning it till now even though this is the first truly morally wrong thing that Yumi's done so far.

Still hope Yumi wins.

Fed-Kun's army
The only right about this analysis of martial art is that Muay Thai is Hard while Silat is soft martial arts. Both Martial arts use elbow for parrying not just Silat.

I think this is the best fight until now. Story between the contestants, drawing panels and techniques. This is just awesome.

Double-page supporter
Finally, Misasa's an idiot

The rules state that you need to be completely out of the light to be ringed out. So just him being big is irrelevant, all Yumi has to do is keep one foot in and he can keep fighting. So Misasa's size isn't an advantage at all.

@bigboianon

Muay Thai maybe doesn't use them as much but they absolutely use them for parries. The author just knows fuck all about Muay Thai, that's why Gaolang when he's in Muay Thai mode barely teeps (he's thrown *1* teep to the body despite the teep being the rangefinder for MT and Gaolang using his jab non-stop) or throws roundhouse kicks to the body.

So this is Pencack Silat? I know that exists Kali Silat and they are from diferents countries. My sifu was a master in Pencak Silat, he show me some moves and was terrifying because it's a guerrilla martial art only design to kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zhh1koBXnw&ab_channel=PetersonMenezes

My Sifu showing some moves in this video he explain the usage of elbows, it's totally diferent from muay thai.

Double-page supporter
@yurishallconquertheworld

my point is that it doesn't matter if part of him goes outside, so he's not really at more risk of losing by that way than Misasa is. So them acting like him being twice Misasa's size is a problem is ridiculous

Dex-chan lover
@Sigilbreaker26
Misasa’s size is an advantage, though. It means he doesn’t need as much space for his moves (no large windups or a need to spread his body out; see Yumi’s stance at the end for his iai move with his right leg taking a large step forward and to the side). Combined with the flashback that showed how he was able to smash a dent into that rock with minimal movement, that means he doesn’t have as large an issue as Yumi has in picking out what moves to make as the ring shrinks.

Yumi, on the other hand, has to be careful with what moves he makes. It’s not a problem if a part of his body is out? Sure, but that means he’s at the edge of the constantly shrinking ring instead of moving inwards and keeping himself safe while pushing Misasa out; all Misasa would need to do is push out the parts of him still inside (that one foot) the shrinking ring or keep Yumi from moving from the spot and the match goes to him. What’s important here is the fighter’s ability to fight in a small area. There’s also Yumi’s longer limbs that make it more inconvenient for him to defend himself when they’re real up close, which is why Misasa’s smaller size is an advantage here.

If the ring gets small enough that they’re face to face and unable to move from the spot, then the advantage is completely on Misasa’s side, given his stated specialty in fighting real close up. I’m not saying your point of Yumi only needing to keep one foot in is wrong, though. More just that what I’m saying here is all relating to what’s been stated by Lolong in this chapter on the psychological walls Yumi’s been trapped in. As long as he can get over that, he can get back his earlier advantage in the fight.

TLDR; you’re ignoring the fact that Yumi’s moves are becoming more restrained because he’s more preoccupied with staying safe instead of using his size advantage to its fullest. If he becomes more willing to take on risks, he should be able to equalize things a bit.

Banned
This is the first time we saw "King" actually felt threatened by anyone. This is clearly Misasa's win because for "King" Yumigahama is nothing while he got threatened by Misasa and we already see how prophetic "King" insights are.

Oh man, I'm suddenly reminded of the Silat movie Merantau. Good flick, and not just because of the martial arts, it goes places with the story too.

KIRITO STYLE

*gets his ass smacked for the rest of the chapter without another moment to show its moves

this has been pretty underwhelming for a battle between two fangs, I'd be so sad if yumi pulls a W underhandedly

Yumigahama - I'm an elaphant!
Misasa - You're a bat who thinks he's a lion!
Fans - he monke haha

Power Uploader
Okay pretty obviously rules were made to create an "atrifical" dissadvantage for a bigger guy. I don't know much about Silat, as far as I remember it was a "harder" martial art similar to kickboxing, or am I mixing something?
Thanks HnG for translations!

Dex-chan lover
@KeiosKod
Too add to your point and something Lolong didn't mention. SURE Yumi COULD fight with one foot in the ring but WOULD he? That dude is prideful af so giving even an "inch" would feel like Misasa got one over on him. It's like expecting Raian to use "Out Fighter" tactics. That shit is never gonna happen.

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty hilarious to see Yumigahama bragging about becoming the "fang of metsudo" to the current fang. Additionally, we know he hasn't defended that position for a significant amount of time since he was in talks with Purgatory even before he became the fang and waited until he did to actually get a better contract. (Also, I find it hilarious that he had to run away from Metsudo in order to get another job. Couldn't he just resign? )

I guess Yumigahama is going to show his ace next chapter (and either upset Misasa or get trashed), but honestly his style is about as dumb as it gets. Those stances are meant to be used with weapons in specific situations. I'm going to go head and say it's only slightly less stupid than what Musashi does in Baki, in that Yumigahama actually hits his opponents and he's not just cutting or piercing his opponents with his imagination.

Users who are viewing this thread