MD@Home
First-year middle school Ichi makes my heart ache the more I look at him. Things are gonna get better, kid, you're gonna fuckin' make it.

I'm looking forward to the Yamada version of this, though I feel like we probably won't see it until we learn a little more about her past.

I may have missed it if they told us the reason already, but something major seems to have happened to him between Elementary 5th and Middle 1st.

Isn't chunni meant to mean second year of middle school? In which case, he got hit with that stick a year early

In the chapter where they looked at his elementary school yearbook, he mentioned that he had two close friends who he went to elementary school and cram school with, but they went to a different middle school. It isn’t spelled out directly, but it seems that they lost touch once they weren’t in day-to-day contact anymore and Ichikawa wasn’t equipped to handle the transition to a new school where he didn’t know anyone, leading to him becoming the bitter loner he was at the start of the series.

MD@Home
@GiveMeANiceUsername Seems like next chapter is when we're finally going to get the full answer to what happened there. We know from the last chapter that he didn't go to the same middle school as the friends he had in elementary school did, and maybe that was the sole catalyst for it all, but there could be some interesting story behind why he went to a different school or something that happened on top of that that shattered his confidence and made him retreat into his shell.

Group Leader
They're still in middle school... so that's why Yamada isn't interested in chads yet... yet.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, they are in middle school, yamada is just a really early bloomer.
Ishi will eventually grow, I hope...

Dex-chan lover
@ThisIsDumb2 Yes, she is a model. "High school" in Japan is three years, so generally 15 years old to 18 years old, give or take. "Middle school" is also three years, so generally 12 to 15, give or take. They're in their second year, so they're around 14 or so years old.

Dex-chan lover
@ThisIsDumb2
They have teenage models for teenage fashion magazines afaik. Which better model would there be to wear clothes meant for teenagers than a teenage model?
If you know "Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai" (Oreimo) then you probably know of Kousaka Kirino, who is also 14 and is also a model.

Users who are viewing this thread