Reminder: Usopp took a 4 ton bat to the head before, and that was PRE TIMESKIP. This idiot's headbutt barely phases him.

On one hand, i can understand Usopps behaviour to a certain point. On the other hand, it STILL irks me how even after the timeskip he apperantly lacks some kind of conviction and sense of duty / honor. He already showed at least some progress in the past, like when he challenged Luffy in Water 7 over the ownership of their ship. Hell, even as early as in the Arlong-Arc he showed more balls then that. Remember when he fought a fishmen 1 on 1 and got his ass handed to him? He planned on pretending to be dead and then go back all like "ah, sorry guys, i lost, well waddaya know, thats so like me". But the moment he realized how the others bet their live on the line, he throw that thought away and went all "come at me bro" with the fishmen!
I am ok with him still beeing a bit of a coward, but i thought we would be past the point where it would be acceptable for him to slander / defame the dream and ambition of a friend, even if its with a lie he doesnt mean for real. I dont demand Zolo-like levels of commitment, but damn, at this point every other crewmember seems to be ready to die for their conviction. So please, after teasing us in the beginning after the timeskip, let Usopp finally man up for real!

Lux

Power Uploader
I hope Tama's Kibi Dango only work on gifters and not on real zoan users.

@trenslime

What are you saying? If Usopp were in Nami's position, he totally would have done the same thing. He has in the past and there's absolutely no reason to think he'd do any differently now. He was clearly just worried about Nami since she most likely doesn't have his totally unexplained and from-out-of-nowhere ability to survive things that should have killed him several times over. Wanting her to lie so she could survive is hardly doing something wrong in that situation.

Dex-chan lover
Could you imagine any other Straw Hat ever even considering denouncing their captain, lie or not, to save their life @Guytsu?

The entire crew is built on supporting each other's dreams. Not to mention, there's no actual reason for the dinosaur to not just go "die anyway" after humiliating the Straw Hats like that

Usopp aint it

@trenslime

He literally didn't do anything. The hate is unwarranted. He wished, in his head, for Nami to lie so she could live. That's all. Again, if Usopp were in her position, he would have said "He will become pirate king" or whatever just like he's done in the past. The only thing he's guilty of in this scene is being worried for Nami's safety

Dex-chan lover
Smh at these Usopp haters. He literally did the same thing back in Alabasta, because that's how he is only when the chips are down.

Dex-chan lover
It's....a lot going on at the same time here. And we don't even see Nami and Usopp fight (even they appear to be lost tho).

I hate that One Piece always goes down this road at the end of the arcs. Too many characters, too many things going on. I can't keep track at all. Nice Nami moment though, for sure, but it's hard to enjoy this right now when I don't even understand barely what happens.

Dex-chan lover
Sucks that after the timeskip the strawhat crew outside of the monster trio (Luffy, Zoro, Sanji) barely gets proper 1v1 "boss" fights anymore and actually wins them.

Dex-chan lover
The way Drake just adds on "and I always hated you" made me laugh really hard.

Lux

Power Uploader
@NutritionalValue Agreed. Lack of memorable fights outside the monster trio is the biggest flaw of post-timeskip. Apart from Franky vs Senor Pink maybe.

The main issue is that Oda used to dedicate entire chapters to every single crew member for their respective fights. Usopp and Chopper vs Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas got 3 full chapters in Alabasta arc. 184 185 186. Nowadays chapters are all over the place, switching from a fight to another, and in the end very little memorable remains.

Users who are viewing this thread