Fed-Kun's army
In a way Edel should think of it like an organ donation. It's not great but it helps someone in ne-... Hmm.. @Kekitus I see what you mean, it's not quite a life or death situation.
Well, what is done is done. I guess if anything, she can hear her daughter's voice through the mermaid. Even more so if she becomes her interpreter.
This arc does seem pretty sudden but at least we got to see more of wholesome Marie.

Dex-chan lover
Im quite happy with the outcome. A bit rushed sure but given that Edel cant really harm Natsumi without going against her kids wishes so really this is one of the better outcomes.

I feel bad for Edel, I mean, Im sure she was ready to kill the mermaid, but Marie stoped her, and her daughter wanted to be friends with her, what can she do then? If she harms the mermaid, her daughter is gonna hate her for a long time, at will bring her no peace (it will also make her look like a monster in front of her friends, Heath and Lily ).

So there are two options, either she goes away and nothing happens, which will make her daughter sad and the mermaid will be on her own again, or she lets them be friends, and both the mermaid and her daughter will be happy...either way, she loses, but at least one option makes her daughter happy.

She does what a good mother would do, she puts her kid first, Edel really is a stong mother.

Dex-chan lover
I think the key to all this is what Edel said about not forgiving vs forgiving being a binary option. Even while never forgiving Natsume (rightfully so) there are ways to move forward, and I think this was a good decision for her and Marie

Aggregator gang
Thank you for the scanlations :) I like that the conclusion isn't easy. It is much more realistic that it will take a while to reconcile this. Someone needs to teach Marie a sign language!

Dex-chan lover
It is troubling because the humans seem to have no defense against curses, and it is entirely unknown if the mermaid is capable of hurting anyone else. I guess throwing her in a pool is kind of like putting her in a jail cell, but it's unclear what sort of range curses have.

If I was Mom, I'd insist that el mermaid get checked out by that doctor who has not very strict ethical standards.

Fed-Kun's army
This was a nice way to end things up, storytelling-wise at least.

Dex-chan lover
Nice way on tying up the story but I must say, I agree with a lot others that say it's rushed. Should give another chapter, or at least few more pages that say they went back home and come back again after some thinking. A mother that has been living with a mute child WOULD NOT, without a doubt, 100%, be able to contain the anger and resentment on the culprit on the spot.

I’ll be honest. I hope it doesn’t finish it next year. Just seems like based on how slow the author can be, there is just way too much still to cover with Heath’s story without it either feeling rushed or left open ended/unfinished.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this resolution was a bit rushed but it worked out in the end
I hope this manga starts to get more volumes since the NORMAN manga ended recently I think, not much romance has been happening between the 2 main characters tho but at least they are exploring the side characters a bit more

Thanks for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread