Fed-Kun's army
@Xystus @BozMagic @Mort1997 For you guys saying it's rushed, and I bet there's way more people that said the same thing but I'm too lazy to tag them all, just because it seems rushed doesn't mean it's so something bad and that it would be better to be another way.

I'll say what I thought of the chapter and why I don't think being "rushed" is a problem here.

The focus of this chapter is Edel, she has a hard decision to make, she could either distance herself from Natsume or face her and try to reach an agreement.
@darkgate72 said something along those lines but, they said Edel would lose either way, which is false.
By being a mom and part of the problem being her daughter, her feelings are split and she always has to consider what would be best as a mother, therefore by facing Natsume she is taking her daughter's feelings into account which would be the better choice given that even if she doesn't reach an agreement she'll know that she tried her best to be a good mom.

The problem is simple, it's, either they reach an agreement or they distance themselves. Edel chose to leave her own feelings aside and not choose to forgive Natsume, which means her conflict with her is not over, she still has things to sort out, but she solved the main problem and chose to face Natsume and try to give her a chance.

My point is, yes it seems rushed because they solved the problem in one chapter or in a few hours maybe in their time.
But the problem wasn't complicated to begin with, Edel doesn't need to sort out her feelings in their first encounter, she only needed to decide if she wanted to give Natsume a chance or not.

Dex-chan lover
@Alice_is_lost lol you typed that wall of text to only agree that it's rushed. Nobody failed to notice the issue at hand (what mommy should do about it) but we just said it's rushed and thus the story doesn't feel fleshed out because she reached her conclusion way too soon for something that should really take time to digest, think, and to make a decision about it.

Dex-chan lover
@Alice_is_lost The story being rushed is not necessarily a bad thing, it's just that I thought that it could have been better if the conflict was here for more chapters before resolving it. just like Xystus said, it isn't fleshed out enough and the conflict could have been developed further so that there could be more meaning in the resolution of this arc but I really could not see anything like how they developed the 2 main character's conflict, but I agree with you that it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Dex-chan lover
The mother is 100 percent entitled to her anger.

But, no. Let's just rush through this and tell the mom "JUST GET OVER IT BRAH"

Users who are viewing this thread