Dex-chan lover
My name is God Toru
Are you using Google Translate without filtering the result through your brain? MC's name is pronounced "Jin". You aren't supposed to translate names, you are supposed to transcribe them. Even if the name also happens to be written same way as a common word.

An old man gave me a sharp object for my journey
Staff
Super Moderator
I gotta say, there's quite a lot of spelling errors here and the typesetting could use some work.
A tip, there's a bunch of scanlation guides around that'll teach you how to do these things properly.
We have a channel on our discord where you can ask for advice from the veterans.

Aggregator gang
This is somehow worse than MTL, at least that wouldn't also have spelling mistakes.

Group Leader
Well, not the best but good for first chapter.
A tip: Use photoshop so that ypu can use manga fonts. Search manga fonts on the google, there's various of them.

I understand it's MTL, but how can you make typos while copying text from a translator?

Fed-Kun's army
I think what pisses me off the most is that they know it has a ton of spelling errors but opted to not fix them before publishing and by the way spelling errors are the easiest to fix

ty for the release, you should look into refining your craft:

https://www.insidescanlation.com/backgrounds/guides.html
This is a compilation of a number of scanlation guides I found ages ago (not my site and not advertising for it).
I'm sure some of them are quite outdated (written for old releases of photoshop), but if you use Gimp (its free!) and follow the general principle of each tip, you can produce really high quality scans with minimal effort.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. :)
You still have a lot of things to improve on. MTL can be reliable, but I suggest you double check (or even triplecheck) the MTL'd translation. Make sure you also check out any spelling/grammar error, and do not translate the names. Also, as someone said, try using photoshop, it makes typesetting and cleaning much easier.
I hope you don't get discouraged from some of the comments, but instead work to improving yourself. Good luck!!

Dex-chan lover
Sniping bad people. Granted, there was only one release so far, but it was only 10 days ago, and the quality was higher.

Bad sniper!! Bad!! Go to your room!! No Nintendo for you!!

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

>Sniping
>1st Attempt
>Typos

Why does this feel like troll upload?

Man there are a TON of translation errors!

I read the raw just a few hours before you released your translation.. There are errors on practically every page. too many to list!

Also you really really need a proofreader. You have a lot of english mistakes too. Spelling errors, grammar errors...

Also the character's name is Toru Jin, not God Toru. the character 神 indeed means 'god' or 'divine' but the furigana clearly indicates that its meant to be pronounced as "Jin". Its a cute play on words since Toru Jin is the 'god' or Rune Fantasia.

I'm guessing you used google translate or other MT? Please don't... i really dont understand why people post machine translated stuff if they aren't even capable of correcting MT errors let alone rewriting stuff properly.

Group Leader
Good job on the chapter 2 for your first scanlated series. I love it so much

@Rgal yea this 'scanlator' is obviously just blindly copy pasting google translate results. there are so many errors. even meanings got changed entirely.
I usually don't criticise scanlations, even when they are bad. Having done a few releases myself I know it's hard work and people should generally be encouraged for volunteering. but when the result is so utterly awful it honestly would be better to let others do it...

Users who are viewing this thread