Oh my. Makima in miso soup look tasty as ever, best girl till the end.
I was thinking about that kind of outcome, but until now Chainsaw man has refused to eat the control devil. I am not sure it will go well. 😬

Fed-Kun's army
@marcyvq
It's not instantaneous even under normal conditions; we don't know the extent of the effect caused by Power's, uh, power, but we've seen her delay Makima before when she escaped with Denji, and considering she's been successful at that, it's just that strong. Freezing and physically separating pieces of flesh should also have helped prevent or at least slow down the regeneration process further.

@Dranto
This ending has been planned all along; it's foreshadowed right on the original cover, and the pieces have been set up well in advance. We can see Denji mingle with the spare bodies while the attention is on Pochita/Chainsaw Man. We were shown the capability to regenerate the entire body around the heart, as well as Chainsaw Man's original overpowering fighting style showcased in this fight, and Denji's personal, more tactical fighting style drilled into him by Kishibe. The only thing that wasn't explicitly set up is the ability to survive without the heart by using Power's blood, but we know she's a Blood Devil so it won't be a stretch to believe she can do that much for a short while as part of her contract.

Furthermore, this resolution to their conflict is consistent with multiple themes permeating the entire narrative:
* the Aesop fable about the country mouse and the town mouse (Makima chose to be the town mouse at the risk of being eaten);
* Denji's desire to eat good food, particularly lots of steak;
* appreciating the intimacy through knowledge of the partner ('s taste) and Makima's own failure to recognize Pochita as the real Chainsaw Man;
* Makima's ironic comeuppance in being eaten not by her hero Chainsawman whom she idolized but by Denji whom she hated.

I started reading like yesterday, but next chapter is the last one, I'm impressed how nice timing I am lol :)

Oh, hey, it's Dungeon meshi. He should post the recipe for the control devil miso.

@moozooh
I have no problem with the ending. Since Chainsaw Man revealed to have the power of erasing stuffs by eating them, I already knew Makima would die this way. The problem is how the story was lead to the ending.

Makima got stabbed in the guts by the primal demon of darkness, and she was ok just after a while (when she killed Quan Xi). She got her head blasted by gun demon several times, whose bullets was strong enough to lever entire cities, and she can regenerate instantly from that.

Yet she got weakened a chainsaw made with Power’s blood in a single hit. So Power’s blood became a hard counter against Makima out of nowhere? But Power herself couldn’t do anything to Makima, yet Denji could magically beat Makima like that? Plot convenience much? And since when Fiend could transfer their power like that? “However, they are unable to make contracts with devils or humans either.” Literally on the wikia. Fujimoto just breaks his world cuz this is the penultimate chapter I guess.

I’ll take Denji biting Makima in the battle pieces by pieces over this. At least it’ll make more sense if it can weaken her lol.

This manga was a ride. A fun ride, but with lots of inconsistencies.

Dex-chan lover
Dat chapter 1 callback
YfpMIkF.png

Oh man she wasnt kidding was she?

Users who are viewing this thread