I mean...this reveal doesn't really have any impact for me. Like are we supposed to care about a character and his lineage to Compress for the 10 seconds we've known about him...? Just feels empty...

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenfox444 Moreover, this entire arc felt like one giant asspull... most villains weren't developed enough for us to care, and those who were promptly decided to act like sweatgoblins, destroying their entire point.

Dex-chan lover
I share the feeling, Toga, Dabi and Twice took all the development and focus... To the point where nothing will change if you remove the lizard guy, absolutely nothing at all, at least Compress was useful to the others.

i feel like this entire months-long fight has just been like 30% cool 70% meh. im fine with it. still reading. but man does it feel empty.

Double-page supporter
seeing fully unmasked mr compress like
5a345e8be60e5c56f66ad16e9a008d3d.jpg

So you are just going to tell us that Mr. Compress is really hot and then kill him immediately. That's not fair

Double-page supporter
Compress destroyed his own ass and then somehow outran every single hero in the area while also destroying other parts of his body... That's dumb.

I ain't gay or nothing but why tf was Horikoshi hiding THAT face for almost 300 chapters? Probably to keep the gay doujins away

Dex-chan lover
Well, it was bound to happen, I suppose.
I always felt like Mr. Compress was written as a sacrificial character.
Like a one time use item that you can utilize to have a surefire escape at some point in the story.

What a fantastic ending for a character I'm not really invested in. I feel like this would've been a really cool chapter if we knew more about compress before this.

Dex-chan lover
like everyone says. It's hard to feel anything for this reveal and quick death of Mr. Compress. I mean, we barely knew him. It's that shitty cliche they do in every media where they suddenly give the backstory of a character just to kill them off in that same instance.

Fed-Kun's army
Boy, i can't believe Jeanist's strongest power is Thread Metaphors

Hmm, I won’t lie, pacing feels kinda jank.

The concept isn’t bad; established heroes vs established villains, but it feels like everything has happened too fast and too slow at the same time.

Compress’s death might have meant more if he had more development like Twice did, not to mention Dabi reveal, Shigaraki fight, Gigantomachia’s rampage, etc. It’s a lot at once, and it’s dragged down the pacing. Horikoshi had really good pacing, and so without that same speed, it can feel exhausting with all these chapters. I feel like maybe this arc may have been ‘bit off more than chew’, maybe breaking it up into two or more arcs with some time to pace things better would’ve helped.

Overall, might have to reread this chapter much later to analyze it with a different perspective.

It s kinda weird that my only take away from this chapter of this arc is: holy shit compress is H O T. Like it couldve been more, i expected more i guess

This manga has a super lame endgame. Like all the endgame bad guys are lame and main ones have already been revealed and are underwhelming.
So now the author is left with the only option to be like no guys, these lame bad guys are actually really bad. Trust me guys

Users who are viewing this thread