Dex-chan lover
@DrPavel
In the end, Chainsaw Man isjust wasted potential. Fujimoto has a lot of skill with dialogue, relationships and when it comes down to it he makes very interesting characters and overall his plotting is serviceable enough but for every merit of his writing he consistently fails to stick the landing. The Gun Devil being built up and then killed off-screen is a prime example but that was only the last straw for me because what was even more frustrating was his failure to use the characters he introduced in a satisfying way instead opting to wipe every slate clean as unceremoniously as possible.
Some people will say they like that because "death in real life is sudden" or whatever and, yeah, I get that. To a point. In my view, the value of that style of writing is to create an atmosphere of unease and precariousness and I think Fujimoto handles that very well but then he overshot it and failed to do what serves the story best.

I liked this series overall, but I feel I would have enjoyed it more if most of the characters had a little more longevity. They all just died constantly and it got to a point where I just stopped caring about new characters because I knew they were going to die anyway.

I feel like this is a pretty unsatisfying ending. I understand that its just the end of the first arc, but like, everything is just wiped. All of the characters besides denji and two others are just gone. Its like denji got reset along with makima. I dunno. I can't say its a copout because makima being the bbeg was foreshadowed long ago, but it still feels....empty somehow.

I'm surprised I don't hate this ending. Like you would feel it's rush but idk, i like how it grant Pochita and Makima dream in the end

Dex-chan lover
alrighty then he basically saved the world twice by killing gun devil and makima and that's only part 1? noice

Fed-Kun's army
Not sure why people are giving a series end verdict when it clearly says end of part 1

Felt rushed in the end...a shame. Nevertheless enjoyable. Gonna assume the other big bad devils that have never experienced death would be up next. A ressurgence of the future devil would be appreciated given its familiarity with all that has transpired.

Users who are viewing this thread