Group Leader
@Vengeance22 as a proofreader for multiple series, I can assure you that a good proofreader alone is not sufficient to correct the grave errors in translation here. For example, ignoring the missing text in the very first page itself, what the fuck is "king's landing" when it's supposed to be the royal capital (王都)? Although 旦那様 does sometimes mean "husband" it actually means "master" in this context, and everything in the first panel of page 5 is so wrong that a proofreader would not be able to understand what the fuck is going on. I know all this because I am also a translator for multiple series.

Dex-chan lover
"Oh boy, another chapter at last!"
"Wait, the heck is this 'translation'?"

I'm sorry but come on. This is fantastically bad. Even if I couldn't read some of the raw, it'd be transparently obvious to any native English speaker that literally none of this makes the slightest bit of sense. Can pick examples from every single page really, but on pg5 for one, "All it takes is two rumbling stomachs to get you out of harm's way"!? Her getting hungry is a weakness that causes her to shrink, it "puts her in harm's way". The sentence, even beyond the jankiness and other issues, is literally the 100% opposite meaning. And this is everywhere in this MTL.

This translation is bad enough that even a decent editor could not fix it, but it's clear there wasn't a decent editor either because they'd still be able to do better than this just from having read the series up to now.

Aggregator gang
on one hand, glad its updating

but on the other hand....................................sorry if i sound like a hater, but this translation aint it

Dex-chan lover
Eh, I don't think the translation's bad, the bar is just really high with what this manga is trying to pull.

Far higher than it has to be, really.

Machine "translation", eh? Terrible as ever, sigh... This series is more cursed wrt scanlations than the demon princess's past and the hero family's metabolisms combined, isn't it :/
7vWqbeP.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@cryum I can't read kanji and yet I know the translation is wrong. How can you trust a translation that obviously says the opposite of what is happening in the story? This is already arguably a rewrite.

Users who are viewing this thread