Dex-chan lover
Accent shift seems kinda odd. Has she been like kansai'ing it up this entire time and only just now it's getting played up?

Group Leader
@RimuruH

Earlier scans from Doki, as well as the official English for NewGame, featured Yun with a British (Cockney) accent. What we are trying to do is replicate it.

The bottom line is... you'll grow to like it... and nope we're not changing it back 'cause we're evil.

😈

Dex-chan lover
The kansai dialect is more ''folksy'' than anything else, translating it into cockney might make Yun sound a bit more rough than is originaly intended IMO. I would have went with more of a country vibe personnaly. I get the logic behind it though, I respect your decision and will get used to it over time.

Dex-chan lover
But will it be a gatcha game ? HMMMMM???

Thanks for the update!!!!

Dex-chan lover
I'm not an expert but is it something you should say to someone on charge of the planning ? "Figure something by yourself", i'm sorry but not only it feel easy how they manage to find solutions that quickly but it feel rather chaotic and i'm surprised that feel like it will end up nicely with the amounf of chaos going on.

@Lilliwyt They're allocating the task and leaving it to the people who are in charge of that specific job. The way she put it maybe blunt, but it's technically how it should go. Naturally if they were given an impossible task then it'd be a problem, but that's only until they've thought about it and exhausted their options. From the perspective of the art team it is cutting into their leeway time so it is bad, but planning really can't focus too much on them, there's other teams they need to think about too. So it really is a "figure it out" situation imo

Writing in accents is just incredibly distracting and hard to read. We get it, she has a Kansai accent, but making her randomly cockney is just annoying.

So Kansai is working class England now? Never seen it portrayed like that before, it's an interesting take.

As someone else said though, it is kind of distracting and takes a bit more effort to read.

@RGBHero there's like an analogy probably about how even if there's 4 of them doesn't mean they can crank out 4 different characters, at best they can get 2 done since that's how their team works. Where someone draws and another makes the model. Where as a machine would be like an assembly line and do all the task itself. A bit iffy about it tho, tldr; Humans aren't machines even if they have the numbers it doesn't mean they can always do the maximum amount of work possible with the time given.

Dex-chan lover
Kansai accent is nowere this bad. Some random american or rosebif doing a shitty transtaltion with the official release does not make it legit. Yun dont speak like she lost half of her brain cell...

Users who are viewing this thread