thanks for the chapters, I don't really mind with Yun's dialect whatsoever...
and what TL gonna do is their own decision, let them be...
those who are ungrateful complaining this and that can just go fuck off

Group Leader
People whining about the tls, but the typesetting is horrific. Could use some work in that department.

Just because they're translating this series doesn't mean they're free from critcism.
Do you blindly consume whatever's placed infront of you without thinking twice?

The decision to translate Yun's speech as such reads poorly.

Dex-chan lover
@RGBHero
Am I stupid, 1+1+1+1=4 right?
She meant that 4 people working together are actually only 2 times as fast as a single person.

Whether that's true actually depends on the workload.
In parallel programming, we learn that work can be split into 2 parts: a parallelizable part, and a non-parallelizable part.
Ideally, the work is 100% parallelizable, so 4 cores working on it are going to be 4 times as fast as 1 core.
In reality you'll need a non-serializable part to split the work among the different cores, as well as synchronization among the cores (where at least one core must wait for at least one other to complete their task), and so on.

Moving away from computers and more towards people, the principle stays the same.
Assuming you have to create 10 new characters and have 10 designers, the designing process may complete 10 times as fast, but you still need a lead character designer to ensure there's balance and consistency. After all, you don't want 9 small and slender elves with 1 huge and bulky half-orc (unless that's precisely the kind of game you're making).

Not to mention these are characters, not NPCs. They probably need their own backstory, personality, skill set, quest line, and more.
  • You'll need to balance their attributes and skills to avoid having a character nobody will play (because every other character can do something way better and more useful), or one character everybody will play (because they're the only decent healer in the party).
  • What if you want your characters to seem less superficial by having their backstory intertwine? Say, character A hates character B because B killed A's father, or C and D are siblings that were separated during childhood after their village was raided?
  • Obviously you also want a consistent art style. All characters need to look like they came from the same game, after all (unless it's a crossover between two or more different games, that is).
All of that requires coordination with the rest of the team.

Then you can imagine what happens when one artist has to model the character's body, while another has to model their equipment. Suddenly you have a character whose hair clips through their helmet, their hands are too big for their gauntlets, their shoulders are too wide, etc. At some point, the constant communication and coordination might slow them down so much, they might've been faster if they had done the entire work alone.

When people say: "I'll be faster if I do it myself", they don't always mean they're more competent than the others. Sometimes they just mean they'll be wasting so much time coordinating with others, they could've finished the job already if they'd just worked alone.

That's what Yun meant with her "1+1+1+1=2".

Let's make every character a possible companion

Should have checked with Ubisoft Blue Rose - they may already have a competing game in the works. Probably something canine-related. 😀

Dex-chan lover
@CookieMuncher
The notion that a free to read fan scanslation is supposed to be at a higher standard than an official release from a professional industry is just ridiculous.
A professional translation does not try to be accurate, and it does not try to be good. It tries to do the bare minimum necessary, as the bulk of its sales are driven by the manga as a whole, not the translation, and to cater to the broadest swathe of the market it can, at the expense of elements they fear would deter casual readers.
They are not and should not be expected to be held to a high standard. There is a reason that I have never once bought a manga translation before reading it.
Whilst some fansubs do strive for perfection, remember that certain groups do pay their staff for their time, WE DON'T
What does payment have to do with striving for perfection? The pursuit of perfection is done for perfection's own sake, and for pride in your work.
@flowingcloud
It really is. This chapter hurt to read on multiple levels.

Dex-chan lover
Because you speak to two japaness and they say Kansai is thick dont mean it's un understandable. Kansai i extremely comon in manga and anime, and never was there anyone making a cute girl talk like a old bulky drunk pirate...

And saying that you dont want to have more work cose you do it for free, then say you will change all previous chapter cose "fuck you" is retarded at best...
If you where so bored or busy you wouldnt redo work that is already done... You just look like you want people to notice you.

Users who are viewing this thread