Double-page supporter
new dragon is super cool

i wasn't sure about this story development at first but now i actually really like it

Good chapter, maybe those dragon balls are weaker than the other two sets, from Namek and Earth, maybe because they are just two, maybe means they have less power to be able to divide in just two.

I'm going to be surprised if this dragon actually has enough power to grant that wish. That would mean he'd have to grant him power greater than Goku, Vegeta and Frieza (and possibly even Beerus) and I can't help thinking they all may be more powerful than a dragon summoned by only two small dragon balls. I dunno, maybe he'll actually just make everyone in the universe weaker than Granolah, making him the strongest by proxy. Stealing power may be easier than granting it.

Though I could be wrong; the dragon may actually grant the wish if the oracle was anything to go by.

Dex-chan lover
Happy that Berus told Vegeta about his role in the fate of the Saiyans. I understand what Berus is trying to tell Vegeta about thinking about his sins but I feel like it's a good thing that he feels bad about it. It humanizes him and sets him on the road to being a better person for him and his loved ones. He will have to decide if he wants to be the new god of destruction or go home and be a family man.

heee uh just went straight for it lol, the wish that every baddy threatens to make lol. Also sick axolotl design.

I would call the part with the namekian ridiculous, but this franchise passed that point over 30 years ago.

Also, the arms are maybe a tad to low, but I like the design of that dragon.

I'm calling bullshit if that wish actually gets granted. There's no way in hell that dragon has enough power to make him stronger than Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Broly, Berus, and even Whis. Even if that namekian was Zalama, I would still call BS.

Aggregator gang
The guy searched for the second ball for years. And just as he talked with his namekian friend, who explicitly told him not to go after the dragon ball anymore, he gets his cue on TV. How convenient.

What if the dragon is able to get him into one of those time chambers where he can train for years in mere days. We see the good guys using it but what would happen say if someone like freiza ever had their hand on something like that. It could explain some random guy can become so strong in a short period of time. Hell maybe the dragon can put it in his head all the ways he can get stronger. If regular shenron knew how to ssjg could be obtained, maybe this dragon can sort of guide him on what is required to get god ki or how to go about obtaining something like ultra instinct. We already had Freiza train so would it be bad if someone else did too?

An arc that has character development for Vegeta, a new interesting character that could end up an ally or an enemy or something in between, interesting worldbuilding, a sick looking new dragon??
This has so much potential!
Also I'm so glad that the art style is EXACTLY like it was when Toriyama himself was the artist. Toyotarou is doing a fantastic job. (Just mentioning it because I wish it was the case with the Boruto manga as well, that still just looks horrendously ugly compared to Kishimoto's original)

Dex-chan lover
@Graywing

from a bit ago but I don't think Beerus' point is all that bad for Vegeta's character. He's not really pointing him towards going back to his old ways or saying he should be mindless about it, more like pointing out that it's a cycle and that a god of destructions role is more to set the stage for something new. Rather than taking him away from his family, it feels like it's the culmination of his character arc. He indulged in destruction, grew to regret it and his peoples actions, and now he must accept that and learn the proper time, place, and purpose of destruction. That kinda thing, I think.

Group Leader
the only thing that kinda bothers me is that power Granola just asked for, I mean sure, no one ever asked for this but the closest wish we ever got, was back then at the Saiyans arc where someone asked Shenron to kill Vegeta and Nappa but the dragon said that he couldn't because those were stronger than Kami-sama (implying that dragons have limits according to the dragon balls and it's creator).

This dragon should be a lot weaker than Shenron and Porunga, so the fact that it gave him not only a multiplier, but the ability to fly, sense ki, fricking Hakai, and maybe a hint of ultra instinct, is rubbing me in the wrong way ('cause I don't think this guy would be that powerful even if you condense all that power in 50 years).
And also the Hakai, I hope it is explained that there are different variations, 'cause if not then that explosion would mess up the few appearings it got in the manga and the Anime. Other than that, It actually was a nice chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread