Dex-chan lover
@Bluiz1: I don’t see a scar. Plus, he still has both eyes? If it was artificial, then they went the extra mile to replicate the red threads of his strained eye.

Every single person yelling at Arashiyama to hurl him out of the ring doesn't understand judo/grappling, and probably don't even lift. You need a huge amount of leverage and strength to toss a heavy weight several feet out of a ring and not just to the ground, to say nothing of an uncooperative man your own size. The open platform makes ring-outs by momentum possible (similar to Gaolang's DQ), but Hayami is too fast for that to work.

Personally, I think Arashiyama's strategy at this point should be to keep trying to break his opponent's fingers, limbs and possibly his lower spine, a la Bane. Even with a congenital insensitivity to pain, mechanical damage can't be overcome, thus completely disabling an opponent should result in victory by TKO.

@Reapercreeper More precisely, his own organisation's rules are hamstringing him. By everyone's admission, Arashiyama's victory would be a foregone conclusion if this was a Kengan match, or an ordinary Judo tournament. But as it stands, he's being checkmated because there's no point-system to hand him a win, he can't kill his opponent without a DQ (which would be an excellent trade for the Kengan side), and both pride and physics are preventing a ring-out. Thus, the only feasible option is attrition, which wouldn't be so bad if he was fighting anyone other than a super-masochist...

@Jordan90334264

Wow I can't believe you are actually paying attention to the story, unlike most people in the comments...
You made some very good points about how Arashiyama could win by completely disabling Misaki, but considering his now fractured collar bone, I believe that option is out the window. Not to mention that the parts Arashiyama would have to break are very specific, making it more difficult a task than it already was. Also, Masaki not only has a congenital insensitivity to pain, he's also one of the most resilient fighters (regardless of his congenital insensitivity to pain), as has been mentioned by the characters. Him growing up getting beaten down by his brother (who had the intention of killing him) is one of the reasons the author is using to justify his inhuman vitality/resilience.

Users who are viewing this thread