15 Minutes 'Til They Actually Start Dating - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - 15 Minutes Before We Seriously Touch Each Other

Aggregator gang
The dialogue feels really uhh... unnatural and stiff? and also nonsensical at times

How do I stop these from showing up in my follows? I just don't want to clog up my notifications when it isn't actually a new chapter

I hope I don't sound rude, but I don't really see the point of translating chapters someone else already did 4 months ago and are still updating, escpecially when there is nothing wrong with the quality of the scans 😅

as far as I can tell, these new translations are actually more accurate to the raws surprisingly, with what little digging i did lol. I like the old ones, but i guess this is more accurate. In that case, thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
At first I thought the same (why's this getting translated again when someone's already in the middle of it, and how do I stop the notifications) but then I got curious and compared the 2 translations, and some translations were vastly different - as in, completely different dialogue, not just a simple matter of translation vs localization. (See P.3, Panel 1 and 2 as an example) So then I took a look at the raws available, to see which one was closer to the source material, and not too surprising, these new ones are much more accurate translations to the original.

The initial sub group went beyond localization and essentially invented their own dialogue instead of translating the author's speech bubbles. These new translations are a bit awkward, since it seems like they're TOO much of a direct translation and not localized at all, but it conveys the author's intent better, I think. So I was deciding whether or not it's worth reading these, but then I remembered there was an author's note along the way (https://mangadex.org/chapter/959349/8) where Perico talked about the theme/focus for the story, and if the author starts focusing on plot development (and potential callbacks, intentional dialogue ambiguities, wordplay, etc) too much liberty on the translations will probably cause the sub group to write themselves into a corner, and cause confusion to readers, and eventually drop it (and it looks like the initial group dropped it, and another picked it up, but for what reason, I don't know).

So since I enjoyed this little series enough the first time, I guess for me, I won't mind "re-reading" these chapters again, since the dialogue could end up being very different this time around any way.

@TooOldForThis thanks for the info! And I really am blind and didn't realise that the group translating the newest chapters is not the one who did the first 5(?) chapters 😅

Dex-chan lover
@embsheey @GodEdz @Warp_Core @ScaldingMango I just read Ch.6, and remembered it being a bit awkward the first go around, and just thought it was your typical mediocre manga. Took a look at the old translations, and holy crazy night and day between the 2 translations. I've actually gone and blocked the first group, so their translations no longer show up on my list (found out there's a minus icon, when you click into a group page).

Also, realized apparently I really dislike groups that make up dialogue that has nothing to do with what the author wrote, especially if they're actually worse dialogue than the original. I'll probably compare the second group with these new translations when they come out, for curiosity sake.

thanks for the increased accuracy of translations. sometimes Japanese wording can sound awkward sometimes no matter what one does, but I appreciate that it's demonstrably closer to the original.

Dex-chan lover
She started reading yuujitsu kaisen or whatever, it's that battlemanga with curses and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread