16bit Sensation - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.1 - 1997.1

Dex-chan lover
Man, I feel really bad for Kaori cause every time she has to rely on a man the whole development team ends up taking a huge blow, it's only when she's allowed to take charge that the company finds any success, and yet the only person who ever noticed her efforts was Meiko back in chapter 3.

Thanks for the new chapter! Also the timing of this getting posted considering that the latest episode of the anime adaptation introduced the shady ichigaya.

Contributor
It’s kinda funny in how the focus on bishoujo games pivoted from the graphics, gameplay, music, etc. to just… the girls themselves.

Funny in a cosmic sort of way.

Dex-chan lover
The money went to his head..
is this the beginning of the end? :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Man, I feel really bad for Kaori cause every time she has to rely on a man the whole development team ends up taking a huge blow, it's only when she's allowed to take charge that the company finds any success, and yet the only person who ever noticed her efforts was Meiko back in chapter 3.
Jiangshi too, but his pride as a man doesn't want him to be ordered by a woman.

I call it pre-millenial pride. In the year 1998 there is an influx of women government world leaders up to the presidential and prime minister level.

Dex-chan lover
The money went to his head..
is this the beginning of the end? :aquadrink:
Maybe they will reference JAS USA in 1998 and how they will live through adaptations ( when a company took a blow and became a porter of games ), THAT is the flexibility Windows 98 gave to programmers.

Year 2023 the age of programming is also coming to an end, being replaced by age of ROBOTS. Soon you won't be talking to a human in a forum but with AI undetectable too.

Dex-chan lover
It’s kinda funny in how the focus on bishoujo games pivoted from the graphics, gameplay, music, etc. to just… the girls themselves.

Funny in a cosmic sort of way.
"Is it ok to rescue girls in the Dungeon?" DanMachi PEAK troped the dungeon girls era of 2010.

Dex-chan lover
1997 was a bad era to video games too. Viper and Leaf were able to survive because of TV animations, meaning the games were also funded by TV Studios. If a TV Studio is not partnered with your business, you're doomed, just like Kaori.

I remember having a Street Fighter movie by Van Dame around that time just to get funding for Capcom.

Users who are viewing this thread