2.5 Dimensional Seduction

Contributor
So mangaka did an interview about the design process of 2.5 Dimensional seduction.

It's fascinating to see the limitations they're working with. Like having to mostly set sillhouette differentiation inside for more subtle facial details like hair bangs and eye sizes. Body type is as much a fetish thing versus pretty much being the prime example of a certain figure.
Mari-nee wants to express the softness of a plump woman, and Mikari wants to express the cuteness of a delicate girl.Lilitha is the main character, so she is the center of everyone's balance.
Expression vs Design concept creates the end result. Though he feels he's more compensating for a lack of skill.
There's also similar levels of planning to Dress Up Darling for the outfits both in costume and out of costume. Which is why the fit of everyone looks so good.
Now if only he could work on his arm differentiation....

Dex-chan lover
I noticed that in recent chapters we haven't had much progress with Lilysa x Okumura and I am very disappointed about this. It's like there has been a strict focus on Mikarin small moments and some snippets for the other girls but literally almost 0 Lilysa.

I really want Lilysa to progress and get together with our boi, I ship them so hard and they are so awkwardly cute together 😣

Dex-chan lover
Interesting to consider that Mikarin was the top character in the polls. Her chances might be slim, but its hard not to root for her.

Okay so reading your comment I was immediately curious about the validity of it. So I did my research and the only actually official poll done by the author/publishing team was on 2021 and the results were as such :

So I am not sure which polls you are referring to but the the author doesn't look to unofficial reddit or other 3rd party website polls. Only officially posted ones by his channels and company. So no, unofficial, western 3rd party website polls or ever worse forum polls do not count for anything really, if that's your reference.

Lilysa is clearly the Japanese audience's favorite girl and Mikarin comes second with a good going difference mind you. The same poll also investigated most favorite cosplay and once more Lilysa's Liliel came 1st and 2nd (two different occasions). I didn't bother posting that photo, but its out there if you look it up.

I know that a lot of people in Mangadex like Mikarin or to put it more accurately, people who like Mikarin and wander about Mangadex forums, are more vocal than Lilysa or other girls fans, yet that doesn't change the fact of who the most popular girl is.

Unless you have proof of such official Japanese poll done more recently (I tried searching but my Japanese is really basic to find anything) I think saying Mikarin is the most "popular" girl on polls is simply misinformation.

Last edited:
Contributor
Okay so reading your comment I was immediately curious about the validity of it. So I did my research and the only actually official poll done by the author/publishing team was on 2021 and the results were as such :

So I am not sure which polls you are referring to but the the author doesn't look to unofficial reddit or other 3rd party website polls. Only officially posted ones by his channels and company. So no, unofficial, western 3rd party website polls or ever worse forum polls do not count for anything really, if that's your reference.

Lilysa is clearly the Japanese audience's favorite girl and Mikarin comes second with a good going difference mind you. The same poll also investigated most favorite cosplay and once more Lilysa's Liliel came 1st and 2nd (two different occasions). I didn't bother posting that photo, but its out there if you look it up.

I know that a lot of people in Mangadex like Mikarin or to put it more accurately, people who like Mikarin and wander about Mangadex forums, are more vocal than Lilysa or other girls fans, yet that doesn't change the fact of who the most popular girl is.

Unless you have proof of such official Japanese poll done more recently (I tried searching but my Japanese is really basic to find anything) I think saying Mikarin is the most "popular" girl on polls is simply misinformation.
Well clearly you gotta update your freaking google fu:
https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/316112896822202683
Screen Shot 2023-10-06 at 6.09.53 AM.png

Also funny how the cosplay winner this poll around is Nagomi's Majomajo followed by two of Mikarin's cosplays...

Dex-chan lover
Well clearly you gotta update your freaking google fu:
https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/316112896822202683
View attachment 104

Also funny how the cosplay winner this poll around is Nagomi's Majomajo followed by two of Mikarin's cosplays...

Nah it has nothing to do with Google obviously, it is my inability to search in Japanese properly. Plus you seem to read the raws so you would have picked that up from the raw chapter.

It's a shame really... I don't know how much those polls influence the writing and story telling but clearly Mikarin is leading with a soul crashing difference in scores. It's pathetic that Lilysa dropped beyond Nonopi even.

My anxiety that Mikarin will win is now very very real. And so, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined...

Thanks anwy, for providing the reference and enlightening me with the up to date gist.

Dex-chan lover
begins with heavy ecchi bait but becomes incredibly wholesome (but still ecchi, just less often).

Well that was a fun binge read. Surprisingly wholesome series in the end considering how things started but I quite liked it

Also to add to the above discussion, even though Lilysa is the main character, I think at least relationship-wise it makes more sense if Okumura was to eventually end up with Mikari. After all, she's the one who's always been wanting that to happen from the beginning and her main reason for cosplaying at all was for him to fall for her, and it clearly means the world to her. Lilysa's passion on the other hand isn't romance but the art of cosplay itself and everything it entails. As she said herself, as long as she can keep doing what she's doing alongside everyone she'll be happy anyway. She and Okumura are great together but they look more like best friends sharing passionate hobbies together than necessarily being interested in each other romantically too much. If everyone is to be happy in the end for their own respective reasons then the Mikari route seems like a better solution.

Either way though, I don't really consider this to be a shipping war manga to begin with, first and foremost it's about cosplaying as a craft and I think it does a quite admirable job at respecting that, which is the most important thing overall.

Dex-chan lover
honestly this went from a 9/10 to a 2/10 for me because I will certainly not install a bloatware app only to read the missing chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Will we get the rest of the Chapters?
Mangaplus is unusable cancer for people in the EU.

Group Leader
honestly this went from a 9/10 to a 2/10 for me because I will certainly not install a bloatware app only to read the missing chapters.
65,01 MB of memory and 168MB of RAM is heavy?

source: my phone just now.

Dex-chan lover
Will we get the rest of the Chapters?
Mangaplus is unusable cancer for people in the EU.
When someone bothers to rip it but considering the site rules, I am just going to remove this from my list since I am not keen in being advertised to and it wont be uploaded here anyway, I suspect the group just dropped it since ... obvious reason.

Group Leader
its another app, its another shit to slurp data, while I could just use my browser, like I do for everything else. its about efficiency
And you think the browser don't uses data?
I open it (in chrome) and it take 300Mb.

Anyway, Shueisha is the owner and they decide, the free chapter are there, if you don't wanna read them there the fault isn't them, but of your lazy ass :slap:

Dex-chan lover
And you think the browser don't uses data?
I open it (in chrome) and it take 300Mb.

Anyway, Shueisha is the owner and they decide, the free chapter are there, if you don't wanna read them there the fault isn't them, but of your lazy ass :slap:
Change your shitty attitude and people might consider your opinion

There is a gap between licensed translations and fan translations. Where can I read the missing chapters/gap or is this just mangaplus trolling and skipping over 100 chapters?

Users who are viewing this thread