2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock. - Vol. 8 Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
I still find it hard to believe that someone will not have a boost in their confidence when that person receives 3 confessions from 3 talented individuals! Plus with the drama adaptation, they should be feeling pretty good about themselves. How can they still feel unworthy?

It feels like we're still missing something important from Kaede. Like its still kind of unclear what here actual problem is with love. Like it seems to go beyond a lack of confidence or typical relationship anxiety. I think there's probably something that happened to her in the past that has made her like this. Glad to see someone finally pushed her on it. Excited to see where this goes

I still find it hard to believe that someone will not have a boost in their confidence when that person receives 3 confessions from 3 talented individuals! Plus with the drama adaptation, they should be feeling pretty good about themselves. How can they still feel unworthy?
I can sympathize with Kaeda a bit. Personally I feel more fear of some reciprocating my feelings than being rejected. With a rejection, things can potential go back to how they were or you can move on. With reciprocation, that means things might change drastically and being unsure if you can actually be a good partner for a long period of time is terrifying.

Dex-chan lover
I can sympathize with Kaeda a bit. Personally I feel more fear of some reciprocating my feelings than being rejected. With a rejection, things can potential go back to how they were or you can move on. With reciprocation, that means things might change drastically and being unsure if you can actually be a good partner for a long period of time is terrifying.
That’s understandable, but when have things gone well when she’s been running away ignoring it like this? Aoi moved out, Koyuki doesn’t want to talk with her. Not talking about it has proven to be a bad idea. She even had the possibility of ignoring it as she already rejected it, but she brought it up again only to run away again in the middle of the talk. She should seriously sit down and think about what she actually want.

Double-page supporter
low self-esteem will do that to a person. I've been in a similar situation, except this person didn't out right confess to me, but she basically showed all the signs that she was into me. It also didn't help that I'm on the autism spectrum plus have low self-esteem wrapped up into the [package I never noticed that she was into me. It wasn't until I had a welcome back party that she basically confessed that she wanted to date me and I ignored her advances. I will give Kae so credit at least she had the courage to ask if Nanami if she really did love her. I was too chicken shit to even ask. Missed out on an opportunity to date someone that I had a HUGE CRUSH on. I still regret never asking her how she felt about me.

Dex-chan lover
That’s understandable, but when have things gone well when she’s been running away ignoring it like this? Aoi moved out, Koyuki doesn’t want to talk with her. Not talking about it has proven to be a bad idea. She even had the possibility of ignoring it as she already rejected it, but she brought it up again only to run away again in the middle of the talk. She should seriously sit down and think about what she actually want.
Think the idea is that she wants to fall back to her normal avoidant behaviors but her affections for Nanami are different than for the others and it's forcing her to make sudden decisions that she cannot yet backup (the kiss). In this scene she seems to have decided to ask the question only after fawning over the way Nanami smiled after receiving the gift. I don't think she planned to ask it, she just gets sudden bursts of affection for Nanami that she did not with the others. Then she finds herself in uncomfortable positions that she runs from. Her mouth is writing checks that her mind cannot yet cash.

I'd also say that her avoidance has worked out for her (at least shes deluded herself into believing that). She only cares about her manga and although she lost Aoi, nothing bad really happened. Koyuki was a sudden issue and even that will likely mend.

Dex-chan lover
I do understand Kaede, she's just scared, but she also rejected and ran away way too much at this point, so it's better to just tell everything already

Dex-chan lover
Kaede is in a position where she has to make a big change to her personality before she can accept their mutual feelings. She's not emotionally ready for a proper relationship if she can't make it through the confession. I respect that it's difficult for her to do, and she has no frame of reference for how to do it. She's basically a teenager.

Double-page supporter
DAMN. THIS CHAPTER.
Never before have I seen someone need a change in character this badly in manga 😬😬
BUT GUYS
LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE
THE FIRST THING KAEDE DID WHEN SHE RECIEVED THE NEWS WAS BUY HAKATA WOMAN A PRESENT
WE HAVE CLEARENCE TO EXPECT SOMETHING IN THE NEXT 2-3 CHAPTERS YALL WE CAN DO IT WE JUST NEED TO HOLD ON AND HOPE KAEDE GETS HER CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT ARC SOON

Users who are viewing this thread