Kekkon suru tte, Hontou desu ka - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Are You Really Getting Married?

Imagine living in such a cucked place that you let your boss decide the course of your fucking life. Just change companies, oh you can't do that cause changing companies is a crime there.

Dex-chan lover
"Putting his own country first"

Also they did MC dirty with that first close up

Supporter
Huh. I like how realistic the Male MC's decision after hearing the transfer. Didn't overly freak out and fight back over it nor did he resign himself/give up and accept going like many MCs would likely do. He just went the "Fuck this shit, I'm out" route which was my first thought when I heard them trying to shoehorn the single people into the position. I would leave that company asap if that is how they treat their employees.

Serious question, If they want to expand their range into Khabarovsk and Vladivostok, why put their employee to Irkutsk? I mean, Irkutsk is way far from Khaba and Vladivostok. Isn't their target customer/client are Japanese (I assume)

If they get married wouldn't the company just send the couple as a set there or am I being dumb and overthinking this

Aggregator gang
I love seeing how people are triggered when they see Trump in manga.

Dex-chan lover
Well I didn't expect to see Donald Trump, Joker, and 2B here...

Aggregator gang
I really couldn't care about US politics but it seems like a slight from the author than making an actual point or setup.

I mean Japan has/had more nationalistic policies than the US and it paints it in a pretty bad light. Drawing of Trump isn't that bad though all things considered.

Just find it funny as an Australian they found the need to comment on US affairs in their Japanese dating manga. Also I get its a manga but it's pretty sad to have such little economic mobility that you have to get married over quitting (I get its a premise).

Quit. Find a new job. Like any sane person...

...nah, just kidding, go get married instead! Totally easier and not an equally life changing decision. Oh, Japan.

@spekhz I think you get a bonus for relocating for a company, and they probably wouldn't want to pay for the cost of sending both of them? I mean the plot doesn't make alot of sense anyway so you're not wrong to think its weird lol. If I was the guy and already prepared to quit if they relocated me I would just tell my boss that way I either am in the clear, or they're pissed and I start looking for a job in the next year. Worst case they fire me but that was my plan from the beginning and in this case, I'd get severance pay for being fired so it's kind of a win/win

Dex-chan lover
That's one hyper cat.

@unknownfactor It actually makes more sense than you think.
This started to change with the crisis some 10 years ago (wow it's been a while), but companies in Japan were quite unique. You basically had a guaranteed job for life. If you were totally, UTTERLY useless they literally put you in a corner putting stamps on letters. And in exchange? You sold them your soul. 15h of work in a day? Sure. Overtime with no pay? No problem. Transfer to another country? If that's what you need.
It's actually the setting of many manga, where the dad is "working overseas" and has been for like 6 months straight.

Fed-Kun's army
That's one agile feline. Grabbed the bowl out of his hands midair.

Double-page supporter
Right up with the 200 IQ plan, sasuga Japan never cease to amaze me

Double-page supporter
mfw when my family's from Angarsk, a smaller city by Irkutsk T_T

jk it's a shithole I'd rather not live their either LOL

Fed-Kun's army
Irkutsk is actually pretty decent, when you compare it with a true hole like Omsk. And it's a more city-like city than Ulan-Ude or Chita. The only thing I mind about Irkutsk is the -30C every winter. Well, it's the same temperature that Ottawa gets, but stiff winds and snow make a huge difference. But I agree that it makes no sense to set up a branch in Irkutsk when all the tourists want the Far East. At least pick Blagoveshchensk, jeez.

Users who are viewing this thread