37 Year Old Kindaichi Case Files - Vol. 7 Ch. 51 - Hotel Europa : The New Murders (File 12)

If I remember right, Reika is same age with Kindaichi, so, if her son "will gradute from high school soon", then he must be at least 17-18 years old, if so, Reika must be like 19-20 years old when she giving birth.
"And the father...it's still" seem like Kindaichi know the father too, but "still" what ? I wonder if it related to "that event" make Kindaichi doesn't want to solved case anymore too ? And what is "that event"...well, more reason to keep follow this

Wow, the 37-year old version doesn't pull any punches, does it? I know it's always about murder but STD's, gang-rape, it's gotten real.

Dex-chan lover
this version is savage indeed, harsh but relates to the current real world. reika being a single mom fits her idk, but it's a bit shame she resigned from idol world. as for her husband, i think she still means still doesn't want to say who he is to kindaichi? or at least has not yet came home up until this point

For Reika to have a son that will soon graduate high school, that would make her pregnant at at 18, gave birth at 19. That would make it scandalous celebrity news like Tsuji Nozomi years before. Considering Reika is orphaned from that case and also lose her brother that she barely remembers, without parental or family guidancen perhaps she fell in with bad crowd and ends up split from Hajime just a bit after Hajime was in his 3rd year high school. it must be shocking for him when he found out from news of Reika pregnancy and exit from 芸能界. As for what happened in between the 20 years time skip, it doesn't seem Hajime and Reika was in contact much. It stands that Reika is a single parent like miss Momoka as the father of her child is obviously a no good asshole. And yes, everyone who watch tv in Japan would also know about the man's identity. And lastly, what happen to Hajime 20 years before must be really traumatizing that he doesn't wish to remember.

This chapter release has now catch up with the official Japanese release, Kindaichi case manga chapter are released every 2 or 3 weeks in Japan so therefore from now on the next chapter translation would follow the official Japanese release schedule. Just for everyone to know.

@Nintendocat: The regular Young Kindaichi manga ran in Weekly Shōnen Magazine, while this one runs in Evening, which is a seinen mag. Now, even then, Magazine's always been a bit edgy for its nominal demographic, but as you say, there's a pretty noticeable difference in the type of material Evening allows. Remember, aside from "I became infertile after catching chlamydia from my unfaithful husband," the Tower Mansion Madam arc also had a full-on sex scene with nippléd nudity -- you sure won't see that in Detective Conan. (Hell, you won't even see it in Love Hina.)

By the way, this is probably old news, but I only just found out recently that "Amagi Seimaru" is just one pseudonym out of more than half a dozen, and the guy is unbelievably prolific. Among tons of other things, also wrote fellow Irregular Scans title Psychometrer Eiji and Get Backers. The latter was especially shocking because I'm old enough to remember when yaoi fanart from it was literally inescapable...

Anyway, thanks for the great translation work as always, guys.

Akechi :*has grey hair since the beginning*
Also Akechi :"Oh no! If you look closely I have two three grey hairs here...."

I've always had a soft spot for Reika. She went through so much hardship at a young age, yet she still grew up to be a good person. It's nice that she has a job to support her son and herself. Being a florist seems to suit her. She's too good to stay in the showbiz.

Both Kindaichi and Reika have adulted hard. I didn't expect much when I first saw this sequel, but now I can't wait for the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
It would be nice to see the offsprings of the characters we knew. Maybe them being around near Kindaichi while his 'curse' turns on.

And I love how the characters grew up. E.g. Reika and Kindaichi changed a lot and it somehow makes it more relatable.

Users who are viewing this thread