Dex-chan lover
Poor Egawa missed his chance and got friendzoned. Nothing worse than a girl you have a crush on excitedly telling you she likes someone else.

Double-page supporter
takuma friendzoned himself. by not doing anything. i love the panel of him being like "wtf maruo is quick" at that confession attempt lmao.. this was a very interesting chapter. nice look at what's been going on with him since he's been MIA so long in terms of panel-time.

Fed-Kun's army
When the unreachable rival in the beginning of the series is actually kind of a dork.

I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that I want Takuma to win. I understand very well that feeling of being lost and waver with your aspirations. I think in fact that's the most realistic character yet from the series considering that at high level sport like this you will always be worrying about being able to compete and keep up the stress.

Also I never liked the Maruo-Natsu pair so I feel for him, come hate on me.

Fed-Kun's army
so he indeed like Natsu, poor guy get cucked by scrub that just playing tennis

Dex-chan lover
@Keinart: Hate! Hate!!!
This manga has a technique of giving you some sympathetic stuff about important upcoming opponents so they feel like they could have plot armour too, making the game tenser because it's harder to be sure who will win. It works pretty well, especially considering Ei-chan often does actually lose. And it goes with the general feel of the manga, where Ei-chan is a good-natured guy and the sport isn't considered this battle with evil enemies but a bunch of more or less good people all working hard and whatnot. But after all this time it's started to wear on me a bit, like oh, great, here comes the opponent's sob story, I don't give a damn any more I just want Maruo to stomp them.

Dex-chan lover
It's nice to see a bit of his perspective too for once haha, I still think good characterization is one of the strongest points of this manga

Supporter
omg just felt super bad for Takuma when Natsu told him she loved Eichi x(

jak

Contributor
@Keinart

Your "ship" will never sail. Natsu and Maruo are still going strong in the end.

@Ju2c0c0 - He chose not to act. He had plenty of chances before Maruo entered the picture.

I want Takuma to win, but to have a hard time. Sure, this chapter make us sympathize with him more, but in the end, it feels like fighting someone as strong as Takuma and losing in a hard fight while still in school is enough to get praise.

Although if Takuma loses in a hard battle, I would also think it's fine. Takuma would get really fired up and go harder on his training and Maruo would become a "new kind" of genius(which would really bring us to a properinterview about him).

I also would like to see Takuma win after a hard match, especially now that he's serious about making a living as a pro and has a clear goal.

Dex-chan lover
????
I Feel So Bad, when Natsu tell him she like EiChan hahahaha... Well If Takuma Tell To the Interviewer that will be funny in the article hahahahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread