well I wouldn't mind if someone picked this up other than champion scans, they pick up way too many projects and can't keep up with any of them...
But why start with chapter 37 when older ones are not translated?

@Bolshack , @m3ch_mania
@ahobaka , @Lallander
I didn't do it for the revenue, nor to promote any imaginary website, blog, etc. It was just a small personal project.
I can read Spanish and this was the only chapter that wasn't translated into neither English nor Spanish. Since it was short and I really wanted to see the continuation, I just decided to do for myself. Might as well share it with those in similar situation. I probably won't do any other chapters, but can't say for sure.
Also "Champion Scans", instead of being a lazy, opportunistic and now hypocritically offended bunch, might try and catch up with the releases and not be 2-3 months away. With the release of anime and influx of new fans to the series, it was to be expected that someone might contribute in one form or the other. Don't pretend that something was stolen from you and that you have some special rights to the translation.

Dex-chan lover
@Kosac07: Don't pay attention to the buffoons on here, it seems it is customary for a vocal minority on mangadex to whine and rationalize. It will always be about them being pissed off and offended by the fact that somebody shared his work for others to enjoy. Some people believe that they are the center of the universe and others should bend over for them whenever they feel offended. This is not the first time this has happened on here either: https://mangadex.org/chapter/405498/comments

@m3ch_mania: Good job handling the situation mate. Very mature and without coming off as a hypocrite. I am impressed.

@Kosac07
Regardless of what the others say, thank you for releasing the chapter. Like you, I can read the Spanish translation and that last chapter really helps in wrapping things up to avoid another unnecessary cliffhanger.

Group Leader
Since people still don't get it why the scan groups are offended: I'm sure all of you know how an unwritten rule works. Now for eternity there is the unwritten rule that, if the series got good quality and ok release rate, then you shall not ''steal'' that series away. We all know that the series do not belong to us technically but it's a moral question.
If you're a group looking to take over than contact the previous group and see if you can work with them and if they tell you to fuck off while still not releasing you can take it just like that.
If you're just one dude who got the time and skills to do a whole chapter and you're in no other group then please for the love of god contact the group doing it so that whatever work they already put in doesn't go to waste.
I also don't get why most of the ''steals'' are in such a low quality.. like you can obviously do something so why don't you take the xtra 30 minutes and make it look less like shit.

Dex-chan lover
@ZeroMomo: Everybody gets why they are offended. Doesn't justify them in any way though. In no way is it a moral question that the guy went out of his way to share his work. If the original scanlators trip over their own ego then so be it.
Since you don't get why it's in such "low quality" - let me help you: it's most likely that the quality is not the primary concern here. It's also funny how you say "why don't you take the xtra 30 minutes" - pretty rich coming from a leech. Why don't you take your own advice and put in 30 minutes if it bothers you so much? Nah, you prefer to feel entitled and whine.

Group Leader
@criver I didn't say it's wrong if he shared his work i said he could just contact the previous group because they probably already did something which makes his workload less and the work the other group put in already isn't wasted. Makes sense doesn't it? And now instead of calling me a leech you should maybe look what i do. When i put out a Chapter it will never be low Quality. So i actually do have the right to complain about low Quality.

Dex-chan lover
@ZeroMomo: Read your comment again - you said it was "wrong" from a moral standpoint and you had all the "you shall not steal" bs. I can't comment on the contacting the original group since I don't know if he did. Even if he didn't it still doesn't excuse the farce of entitled bitching that has been going on in this comment section.
You have the right to complain all you want about the quality, you don't have the right to feel entitled to anything though. Your "why don't you take the xtra 30 minutes" is you stepping out of line, as I already said - if you are that bothered by it you are free to contact him and act as his cleaner + redrawer + typesetter. You should realize that nobody's holding you guys at gunpoint to read this release.

Double-page supporter
Champion scans should just drop it lmao, let ungrateful eng snipers do the rest ???

Group Leader
@criver When i say it's wrong from my moral standpoint, doesn't mean i want him to never upload any of his work. He can upload it all he wants. I don't have to like it and i don't have to find it good but i can't and i don't want to tell someone what he can and what he can't upload. That's all i meant. And i still stand by the point of how the scanlators should do their work by some basic rules just like how normal society has it's rules. I do not see it as bullshit at all.
Now to the Quality: If i ask why he doesn't take the extra 30 minutes when he already spent all the time on scanlating the chapter, i mean it as a question and not as an attack. If he says he just doesn't have the time then fine you can't change that, you could only get someone to help (which where the previous thing comes in with contacting the group). But if he says i simply can't do it better than he could learn that if he wants. I have a guide, and i could teach him myself just like how other scanlators could teach him. I didn't mean any offense i was just wondering why it is like that for most of the steals because it can't be the problem of being a one man team.

Group Leader
Well, this was quite something to wake up to...

Aside from the spoiler, I've gotta thank whoever did this chapter. You've motivated us (mainly me), to step our game up if we don't want another repeat of this in the future.
While this was gone about the wrong way - shit-talking prior to snipe + spoiling the series for many others - scanlating is fair ground. We'll begin releasing this series at a much faster pace from now on, so readers are welcomed to wait for our version while reading the releases of others.

On a different note: Bakaupdates updated the wrong chapter, so It caused the tracking to show incorrect information. Just take a look at it. Compared to the 2 months of no releases shown, it has only been 27 days without an actual update.

Dex-chan lover
@ZeroMomo: Fair enough, maybe you're just bad at conveying your intentions and I misunderstood you.
Note that your "question" doesn't read like a question mainly because of: "you can obviously do something" and "make it look less like shit". This is some passive-aggressive shit. I won't discredit your words based on this simply because I would like to believe that you're simply bad at expressing your intentions compared to the alternative. But be aware that your initial post reads like you attacking the guy. If you wanted to help the guy you could have dmd him without attacking him publicly.
As for the "no sniping" rule, I never understood the motivation behind this. It just looks like an ego thing. The only valid argument I can find for it is work redundancy in case both groups are doing the same chapter at the same time. This is obviously not the case, since this is a few chapters ahead. So while I do agree that communication is important, the whining here seems to be ego motivated.

Dex-chan lover
@SirChampion: I don't believe this can be labeled as spoiling. The chapter is uploaded with the correct numbering and it is actually the first chapter after the latest spanish scan. If people don't want to be "spoiled" they are free to not read it. Definitely doesn't justify the farce on here with people wanting the chapter to get taken down. Especially the behaviour of your group member.

Dex-chan lover
Gosh,how I love Mangadex and (Zombie)Batoto comments about the chapters not been in english.
I see it as revenge for all those mangas that I can read because they are in russian,arabic,etc.

Fed-Kun's army
@criver A lot of people (myself included) read too many different series to remember the last chapter number they read for each one. Whenever I see a new chapter uploaded for a series I'll just click it assuming it's the next chronological chapter, so uploading a chapter this far ahead where the first two pages include a massive plot development could be considered a spoiler.

Dex-chan lover
@Ohgodpleaseno: The fact that you're too lazy to check the chapter number doesn't make it a spoiler. It takes 1 click to go to the page with all chapters, so this is quite the ridiculous argument. Note that the chapter is not far ahead at all if you consider the spanish scans.
All the bitching in this thread is mostly by people that are pissed at the scanlator for sharing his work, in no way are these clowns justified.

Fed-Kun's army
@criver Why would anybody consider the Spanish scans for the English translation? That makes absolutely zero sense. I frankly don't care too much about whether the chapter was sniped or not, but at least do the next chapter in the same language.

Dex-chan lover
@Ohgodpleaseno: It actually makes a lot of sense if you know Spanish and English. Even if you don't know Spanish, then you may still be interested in looking a few chapters ahead for one reason or another. By TL-ing the chapter that does not overlap with either the spanish or the english scans he avoids redundant work.

Users who are viewing this thread