Fed-Kun's army
Feels bad what was the point of a time skip if they just used it as a base for flash back chapters.
This had alot of potential, sucks that author ruined it.
Though It's good that eren is taking the lead now, they've been pushing him around way too long

I'm so glad this manga turned into such an amazing pleb-filter.

Fed-Kun's army
all the elitism on this comment section is hilarious. The storytelling here is awful, the story is good but they way it's being exposed is terrible. If you don't have a good memory, read a lot of things or can't be bothered to keep reading this manga you will get lost pretty easy. Jesus christ, i love this manga but sometimes i get completelly lost and have to re-read some old chapters to locate me again. I had even forget that sasha died LOL

Double-page supporter
@hunterwar
I definitely agree that the method of story telling is dog shit. Too much jumping all over the place, reliance on an impressive memory, etc, etc. However, while it takes away from it, I still think the story itself has vastly improved and is heading in a much better direction.

Double-page supporter
I get you can get lost more often with a monthly series for obvious reasons, but tbh is not really my case and you can always go back and re-read or wait for the anime to catch up or smth.

Personally I'm still kinda curious to where the author wants to take this in the end. I still remember back in the day when the guy said it wasn't long for the series to conclude and now we are at chapter 100+ lmao.

Ladies and gentlemen, i present to you....the animufag.

...sweet lady jeebus.

If you don't have a good memory, read a lot of things or can't be bothered to keep reading this manga you will get lost pretty easy
sometimes i get completelly lost and have to re-read some old chapters
I had even forget that sasha died LOL
Lol indeed, what the fuck. Based on that last line, it's probably you.

the method of story telling is dog shit
Too much jumping all over the place, reliance on an impressive memory, etc, etc
Another one.

Really. Your ADD is not an excuse for blaming the plot, or its execution. Animufags man, animufags.

Fed-Kun's army
@mikegnesium and here we have the perfect example of fanboy... With his head to deep on his own *** to understand what people are talking about. Proceeds to label everyone and think he is the top of a sad elite.

@hunterwar

Haha. It really looks like you have some sort of inferiority complex. Elite this, elite that - this manga really doesn't require an iq two standard deviations above the norm, or eidetic memory, to be able to successfully follow its plot.

But yeah, i do prefer being a "fanboy" to someone who thinks it's perfectly okay to write:
If you don't have a good memory,
I had even forget that sasha died LOL
in the same post. Really nothing to laugh at though man. Just stick to anime.

And if you're gonna bitch about something, at least make some valid points - or any point at all for that matter. Because all i see is you trying to justify your own shortcomings by making a straw man.

Fed-Kun's army
@mikegnesium kid you get out of the way to call everyone who complains about the author's mess of pleb or animufag. The way he's telling this story is terrible. This back and forth is not a really good way to lay down your story it even worse if you have to wait a entire month to read it's conclusion. The first time he used this to explain the world through erin's father memories was really good but now it's just a mess. Why you put a time skip on your tale if you will show EVERYTHING that happened during it? It's completely defeats the point of a time skip LOL

@hunterwar wrote some trites:

kid you get out of the way to call everyone who complains about the author's mess of pleb or animufag
You know, that mix of insecurity and attitude would've been adorable if you were five. But given that you're probably at least decade older than that, i'm gonna go with incredibly cringy.

Also, you were the one that started droning on about, pleb(s), elites, and so on. I don't even get your need to bring some sort of "hierarchisation" into this thread, because my remarks were targeting your group's temperamental ills, not the intellectual ones. Don't pin the responsibility for bringing up your psychological soft spots on others, just like you were trying to justify them earlier by externalizing some unsubstantiated bullshit about the story's execution.

Another also, check your spelling, structure sentence and meaning of the words you're using. The only mess that i see here is that quoted line above. Kid.

The way he's telling this story is terrible.
So you're gonna double down on that, huh. This is just your shitty opinion, but okay, let's dismantle it.

This back and forth is not a really good way to lay down your story it even worse if you have to wait a entire month to read it's conclusion. The first time he used this to explain the world through erin's father memories was really good but now it's just a mess.
Chronological back and forth, as well as constant shifting point of view through ensemble cast of characters are both perfectly viable options to present the plot in an interesting way. Among other things, they can be used for world building, deepening the character's portrayal, to provide a starting point or an internal explanation for character's development, or to explore their social connections in more intimate manner. It's been proven countless times by fiction, serialized or otherwise. But shortly after that claim (presented as fact), you spout your real problem with it - you just don't have the patience nor the ability to follow that sort of narrative in monthly format. And that's on you mate. That you also have the gall to claim that the ability to follow events of the story relays on "superior memory", when you can't even remember who died recently, proves how insecure, immature child of a reader you are.

Why you put a time skip on your tale if you will show EVERYTHING that happened during it? It's completely defeats the point of a time skip LOL
I'm not gonna go into all possible reasons for introducing a time skip in a narrative. You gotta do the research on your own - here's a good starting point.

Why was it used here? Probably to NOT show EVERYTHING, as you try to claim. That's a very narrow minded point of view. Author can skip the tedious task of going through every little change of importance that occurred in chosen time frame, and select those that are of value to elements he wants to focus on. It also reads better than dry "and then x amount of years passed, when some stuff happened...", accompanied by static illustrations. Specially in character driven stories, which was proved here once already i believe (may be wrong about it though).

...there's also that teeny-tiny fact of several months of in story time translating to what, six real life years for the readers? How long Eren and the gang could've stayed fifteen? Serialization takes place in shounen magazine, which target demographics aren't exactly known for their ability to stay focus on, or interested in things for prolonged amount of time. Hence you, by the way.

And by the by, the way in which Isayama Hajime presents the plot hasn't really changed that much during course of the years. There'd always been lots of post facto in-depth explanations and storytelling done through past point of view insertions. First that i recall? Reasons for Mikasa's attachment to Eren. It's not even a relatively new thing, and you trying to frame it as such is just weak.

On a final note, Shingeki no Kyojin reads great in bulk. There, bullshit about non standard narrative "not being a good way to present a story" here "definitely" disproved, in your favorite decisive manner.

edited for stylistic indiscretions

Contributor
@belkrax

Thanks, that helps a bit. I didn't catch everything going on with the "Erenjugend" and anti-Marleyan volunteers as they're all new characters without fleshed out stories (except for maybe Yelena). The relatively poor translation quality for the recent 'unofficial' chapters doesn't help any.

That said, I do follow for the most part "what" is happening, but it's the "why" that's confusing. The military/government on Paradis has never been united, but the amount of backstabbing and keeping everything secret from everybody else is getting out of hand.

What really bothers me is Hange and Misaka. Hange was never the sort of character to just go along with what she's told, but she still keeps Eren locked up because that's what the higher leadership wants. She ought to know better by now, but she's still playing along for some reason. Erwin wouldn't have let this continue. I get that she's overwhelmed by her responsibilities as captain, but with the time skip it's been what, a decade? She was never useless, and you'd think she would have grown into her role by now. I can only hope she has some sort of plan in mind.

They never gave any reason why Misaka, despite her almost unhealthy dedication to Eren, seems to have more or less abandoned him. They never followed up on the whole Misaka is a Japanese princess thing either.

I'm also curious about Historia. I know they turned her into a baby-making machine, but we haven't seen/heard anything about here since then, or have any clue about her her stud/husband is

Dex-chan lover
I thought I couldn't love this manga more and BAM, this chapter. Hats off to the author.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure why I'm still reading this tbh, I'm barely following it any more.

Users who are viewing this thread