Dex-chan lover
@Paman No I don't think that's the issue here, the other kids weren't afraid of her, but she is afraid of getting attached just to leave and never see Komi again, that's why she snapped when she realized how close they're now.

The only one who should be surprised with the whole situation should be Komi san, not us readers... And only for a moment, after all she already saw her crying alone so she knows something's wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Me, I'm hoping that not only Komi gets to be the hero of the day on her own with only minimal (if at all) assistance from Tadano and/or Najimi, but that the finale of this arc will have a surprise appearance of one or more of Rei's old friends/classmates crossing paths with the group by chance, thus leading to a happily tearful reunion.

@naeon: My guess is that those people did read the first page but dismiss it as BS because it doesn't fit with their narrow, limited (mis)understanding of how human psychology works.

That is to say, they think that it's easy to cope with Rei's experiences in a healthy manner, but only because they never had to actually stand in Rei's shoes and go through the experience themselves by developing genuinely strong emotional attachments to friends and/or family, only to be separated from them time and again, with enough frequency that the wound never had time to properly heal before it was forced open again to freely bleed.

Dex-chan lover
@Xenthorn

We get it, we understand the drama.
We are complaining about the execution is this chapter.
Don't matter what the author was thinking, he failed to convince most of us.

I'm a sucker for sleeveless tops and a sucker for pony-tails, so the first few pages of this chapter were Komi paradise.
I hope there'll be more.
That is all, dismissed.

Dex-chan lover
Hey hey no one is pointing out that rei got herself behind shousuke while they havent ever been seen to interact with each other thats shousuke for u

Dex-chan lover
Some people here don’t know what emotions are going through the kid, it is clear she avoids people as a defence mechanism because for most if her life getting attached to people equals to getting hurt so her brain learns to adapt to this and tells her that “people = anxiety” so when her defences got shattered it resulted to all her repressed anxiety like most case of people who’s defence fails

Btw defence mechanism are normal but over using one type of it is dangerous, and based on this, the kid only use one type. Heck even komi is the same talking to people for her cause anxiety so best way to avoid that anxiety is by not talking at all. Both of them use avoidance

Well the biggest oof will be if we find out nejima’s defence is to always interact with people we never see him/her alone in this series or even see his/her own thoughts. I am predicting it now for future Nejima arc.

Supporter
You know what, maybe the people who were surprised are right? Maybe Oda-sensei really did screw up somehow, and should make it up to the readers... (/tongue-in-cheek)

...by having Rei come to stay with them. You know that Komi-mom would say "Yes please!!!" before you could finish asking the question. (^_~)

Dex-chan lover
Where's Najimi (he/she's fast enough to catch her) and Tadano (calming influence)?

I sure hope they're just around the corner, to save the day!

Double-page supporter
Lots of people questioning the drama delivery, and here i am still wondering why Nacchi even bring the Sokechuu with her, by holding it in her hand all the time no less, lol.

Dex-chan lover
the first page (not that cover art thing) said something about goodbye...
so what is it? did she get upset when she remember she had to leave the Komis eventually when she almost called Shouko "onee-san/chan? (take your pick)".

That's the first chapter (out of 171 chapters) where someone actually suffers from communication disorder

Dex-chan lover
I don't like unnecessary drama (is unnecessary, fight me) but I appreciate the expressions of Komi-san.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't expecting little girl undies in Komi-san of all things. Is that the first panty shot we've got in this series?

Users who are viewing this thread