In one chapter the two siblings got stronger ala dragon ball style
It'd be great if they gave us a little bit of God of fire backstory and description before this chapter
But god damn it's so awesome

Fed-Kun's army
Man this episode is like an ASMR I loce the music, voices and sound effects used

back here after episode 19, ufotable couldnt have done this manga anymore justice, it was adapted so so well

Dex-chan lover
from this to ep 19
beautiful collaboration
beautiful job from the animators
no words

Honestly the part that surprises me the most with the adaptation of this chapter to episode 19 is how much distance they added to this fight. Between these last two chapters in the manga Tanjiro covers like 5 meters at most and he moves immediately from his first use of Dance of the Fire God (way better name imo) to slashing at Rui's neck. The anime has Tanjiro start from much further back and inserts practically an entire chase sequence between beginning Dance of the Fire God and actually making a strike at Rui. There are certainly reasons for it, like more time for the narration and music to play, showing off more of the beautiful animation, and avoiding what would have probably been a full 3 minutes of slow motion on two strikes to fit all of the reactions and flashbacks and such.

Tl:dr - Ufotable took some liberties with the pacing and spacing of this sequence but it's gorgeous so keep it coming

Aggregator gang
Came here after watching a masterpiece of anime that is episode 19. Sasuga ufotable. I swear I'll pick up this manga once the anime finish

Are you guys reading the same series as me?
This is bog standard shonen power up filth

Dex-chan lover
@QuantumLeap215 Hinokami Kagura, the name used in the anime, is how you'd say Dance of the Fire God, though; without looking it up, I can almost bet it would be written as 火の神神楽. "火の神", hi no kami, would be "god of fire" or "fire god", while "神楽", kagura, is a type of Shinto dance associated with the various deities of Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread