Dex-chan lover
@Majora
comeuppance for what exactly?
Winning his fights fair and square?
Not starting shit with the other fighters?
Not killing people anymore and sticking to his guns?
Improving himself after noticing he only beat Saw Pang by a hair?
Not acting like a little shit because his dad died in a fight he signed up for?
Plz share with the class how this guy hurt u

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123
Yeah that is just downright stupid. A real man can get a good woman and stick with her.
Muteba, wasn't an alpha because he fucked a bunch of random chicks. He consistently fought in wars, become a better fighter after losing his eyes, and is tough enough that there are Kure Clan members who don't wanna fight em.

Dex-chan lover
ok.....You do know that this lil theory about alphas and betas was disproven, right? =/ https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/the-myth-of-the-alpha-male-a7724971.html

Thanks @phil777 Even if I do hope that the others commentators were joking, it's always distasteful to see those stupid theories brought up.

Power Uploader
C'mon, fighting for love is for weak, what a dumb reason, where it even comes from? It's not like some people even started wars just cause of womens, right?

There is no love. He doesn't even know her, from everything we have seen it is more like some kind of mind control. It would be easier to sompathize with Rei's "fighting for love" if their entire relationship, as shown in the manga, wasn't just him literally burrying his face in her chest and endlessly going on about fighting for love. He has absolutely 0 character and is just a brainwashed autometon. That is why I find him utterly uninteresting.

Dex-chan lover
I very much want to see Rei crying when he realizes he's being betrayed. ?

@BrightSideoLife
I agree with everything but the whole "absolutely 0 character" bit. There is such a thing as Stoic people. Plus we've seen that he can clearly be loyal, smart mouthed, petty(was salty about his gal patching up Rihito), disciplined, and as you've pointed out naive. However I am glad someone in this comment section has actual constructive criticism beyond "he is edgy because he looks like sasuke"

@AnimationDude
I don't think stoic is the right word to describe Rei. Gensai is stoic. Rei is just mindless. Everything you describe as character just revolves completely around him being mindlessly in love with Rina and following whatever she says. He has not shown a single personal thought or desire other than, as I previously said burrowing his face in her chest. And as I said, I don't mind fighting for love or even having that as the sole driving force. However, if you do that then you better do a better job of building up that relationship because even Twilight is a better love story than Rei + Rina .

@BrightSideoLife
No mindless would be what he was before all this. He was just killing people because it was a family thing. He literally had no purpose or reasoning beyond that until now. As was stated before by his GF's body guards, he was a robot until learning to be more human

Even if they're a result of another character's influence these are still character traits. Now if she was like CURTAIN characters and directly implanted these things into him it would be another story. A character isn't mindless because they have a single goal

@AnimationDude
But he doesn't really have a goal, he mindlessly follows whatever she says. He hasn't shown a single thought of his since the start. I can't speak for how he was before they met because that hasn't been explored. But as for right now he hasn't shown a single opinion or thought other than mindlessly doing whatever Rino says. But it has been hinted at that she does have some mind controllish powers, maybe after those are explored further it will get more interesting. But as of right now I find everything about Rei/Rino utterly uninteresting.

Dex-chan lover
@Arugel Eh, it works for his characterization. As long as there aren't a large number of characters doing it, it's fine. Too many of them spouting the same thing and it becomes as needlessly repetitive as Shu's "Benevolence!" (for lack of a better comparison). Sure does make for a somewhat boring character, though, despite speed being one of my favorite "superpowers" (I like DC's Flash and OPM's Flashy Flash a lot lol, naming sense aside)

Dex-chan lover
This character is a walking joke. I just hope he doesn't win this fight.

Users who are viewing this thread