Power Uploader
Is that Zodd? How did he came into this universe?
Hokuto no Gun, thanks for update!

Dex-chan lover
Kaneda with Kure eyes could be related to the teacher from Danberu nan Kiro Moteiru.

Dex-chan lover
Hhahahaha Please tell me the black lenses are canon and all the Kure clan actually has normal eyes, that would be really funny XP
Phew... Got scared for a second there when I saw the silhouette! like NOOOOOOOO IT CAN'T BE KARATE BEARD MAN!

Dex-chan lover
Another Niko style practitioner? Because his face really has the "tiger" feel to it.

Dex-chan lover
IMO I hate the way this is being told - Just generally don't like amnesia plot-lines because they feel cheap.
I don't understand why the Ohma plot-line couldn't have been done straightforward at the start. It would've built this up a lot more and would've allowed for Ohma to have more intense fights.
Instead we get Ohma constantly being plagued with memory problems and having his 'power level' sky rocket randomly.

I don't know. I mean to me the difference between the two is one feels less cheap to the reader. Maybe I'll change my mind as this arc progresses...

Dex-chan lover
What shocker says. Well, the manga is still pretty entertaining Hokuto no Gun team is beyond f*ing awesome.

@shoker I actually kind of like the way the story played out. I've never read a manga before that highlights the side characters as much as this one does. Us seeing Ohma from the beginning and him being the typical high self confidence strong fighter only to have the focus shift from him to all these other really interesting fighters that we come to learn could possibly be much stronger than him made the manga feel interesting and often left me thinking about how he could still measure up to the competition (because he was still acting like he had a chance against them). Plus one of the most enjoyable aspects of all of this to me has been Ohma's personality change after getting his memories back. If he had his current personality throughout the entire story it would probably get stale quick but his old arrogant self gave us a look into what he would be like if he never had any closure with his training and life with Niko.

- Actually, rather than his new personality getting stale it's more that it kinda feels like we're experiencing 2 distinctly different protagonists and I like that.

Dex-chan lover
@gamer69: Fair points and good post, I think most of us enjoy the other characters, at least I do. :D
Also: Bring Gizenga back and apparently Beardy will not win? I_want_to_believe.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread