Substituting Ohma would do Nogi little good. I am trying to think which fighter would have a chance against any of this two. A healthy Julius, Wakatsuki or Mutenba, maybe?

@Pocman512 Wakatsuki would probably refuse, with it happening just after the talk from this chapter. And I can't see Julius being sufficient against the two monsters. Muteba is the only one I can see putting up a fight and even winning, but as we've seen before, it's not in his philosophy.

@MangaField
Sweet summer child. Let's review the facts.
1 - The Beard has, to date, taken down two fighters very hyped by the plot with complete confidence in themselves, with nothing but skill in basic strikes and stance alone.
2 - The Fang has absolutely fucking destroyed Hatsumi, one of the most build up fighters from before the tournament was even announced, to get a huge upgrade and establish him as an unstoppable force, without hinting at a shadow of a backstory once in the process.
In short, everything Kanoh did until this point was to give someone as overwhelming as the Beard the illusion of an opponent he can't beat. Fang is completely set up to fall here.

Dex-chan lover
Epic beard man must win, because it's Christmas and Father Christmas also got a beard!

Dex-chan lover
With the amount of chapters left I don't think we're gonna see all that much from the finals.

Contributor
im guessing plot armor and fang will win. it makes the most sense in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@Demomanowar

From a storytelling-perspective it doesn‘t make any sense to have any other finale than Ohma vs. Kanoh. The mangaka isn‘t a really good writer, most of the fights have had a very predctable outcome so far.
Though I guess there HAS to be a substitution in the finals, otherwise that element wasn‘t used at all. That would be very weird. So I expect a plot twist for the final.

The Beard is clearly the boring arc enemy of every Shounen ever. That is an objective fact.

Unlike Ohma fights, fights of side characters are more interesting to read (except Cosmo)

Users who are viewing this thread