Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the release on Christmas Eve.

KnnF4.jpg

Aggregator gang
uh, weren't you there when MC gifted the monkey spirit to the city lord? shouldn't you have realized the lord might upgrade his demon spirit meaning your anti-dragon poison won't be nearly as effective? or at least considered the possibility that with all his alchemy knowledge that the MC might be able to counter your poison...after all, it's not exactly secret that he's behind the alchemy guild gaining a few centuries worth of assorted advancements

@InsaneInsomniac
Wasn’t the spirit given in private? Nie Li literally asked the lord’s permission to marry his daughter. Also while it’s known that Nie Li is heavily connected to the Alchemists, his own alchemical knowledge is still secret to the public. He is known as an exceptional academic so I’d imagine Shen Hong will arrive at this conclusion eventually but it’d certainly be one of the more unlikely scenarios, especially since Shen Hong hadn’t met with Nie Li that often so he still underestimates him at this point.

The pacing has become so slow...... Chapter 136 didn’t happen too long ago in the story, but irl, took such a long time.

Fed-Kun's army
where is the FFM threesome scene with nie li and female friends? where is the milf from the alchemist guild something?

Group Leader
Man, there's building suspense, and then there's taking so long that your audience falls asleep, forgets what the plot actually was and keeps wondering "Who is that Nie Li again?".

Dex-chan lover
you never consider that Ye Zong might be alive, your failure in calculation is degraceful for an asian i am so disappointed in you

Dex-chan lover
why does it seem poetic that we end with a panel of the City Lord in his Yeti form?

Fed-Kun's army
You guys bitching about the slow pacing, he literally said he's staling for time in multiple chapters.
The fact that you all feel as if its dragging on means Nei Li is doing a good job. :)

Also i think the pacing is fine it only feels slow due to one release updates we've been getting these past few weeks and that should be overlooked since we are in the holiday season. I'm sure the author has lots of things to do other than pushing out content.

I wasn’t talking about the pace of chapter releases, that’s fine with me, especially since its the holidays. What I meant was that it took 135-140 chapters, including the 0.5 chapters, since Nie Li gifted the spirit beast to Ye Zong to continue dealing with the dark guild. Although there was an Arc in between. Still, that long? Before, the story advanced pretty fast. There’s stalling for time, but there’s also dragging it out.

@relic626 you are absolutely right! :D However, I think the feeling of it being drawn out and it thus being less interesting is still a valid point. Maybe the author could have focused more on what's happening on ye zong's side instead. As someone who read the WN, I can say he's following it pretty closely, so he may not have thought to adapt it to the manga format. Is what's being said to stall for time really that important? Maybe not.

ahem! i have been wondering about this for a while now. that gold bracelet that nie'li wears even when he was a baby and wear it every time i wonder who gave it to him and what it means.???

Users who are viewing this thread