@SpriralSoul @Thndslz @woks
Its their fault they took too many projects .If they cant keep up then give up some projects. Im sure there are plenty groups who would gladly take over projects. You blissful people have no idea how much cash in form of donations can some titles bring just by being in the portfolio of scanaltor groups.
Just the other day a scanlator group got btfo-ed by 2-3 guys because they were taking their sweet time translating a weekly manga and people got pissed.

Aggregator gang
Stop creating best girls! I can't bare to see them sad! We know it would be Nanako at the end so stop creating best girls that will only fail in their love!

Fed-Kun's army
i was like
"omg, she even dyed her hair for eiji!"
then comes that last page XD

@StarixCrown they don't own this manga

if there's other group that wants to translate this manga they can do it too, nobody will stop them

Group Leader
@ tseng I hear ya! But isn't that the usual? A mangaka will introduce love rivals, superfluous characters that no one cares about in the least and unneeded drama all in the name of extending the franchise to keep the paycheck rolling in. Prolonging the last chapter until Doomsday when the MC and FMC finally become a couple by adding twists and turns and all sorts of silly drama all while hoping the series will maintain at least enough of an audience so the series doesn't get axed by the publisher in the meantime.

@StarixCrown
Since you seem to be an expert on how a series should get scanlated, you should do it then. Would be much appreciated if you do. :p

Seriously though, the manga you're talking about (kishuku gakkou no juliet) was already translated on \a\, (which you yourself mentioned on one of the chapters)
Unless it's the same case here, then the saying "beggars can't be choosers" applies.
If you want a chapter a day, get off your ass and do it yourself.
If you can't, either find someone who can, or shut it and wait like the rest of us.

Dex-chan lover
Well, she’s cute and all, but I’m sorry we didn’t need another ship. Nanako is just perfect, so she can’t win. Period.

@070nahu groups dont jump at each other to steal projects. Its common practice for them to have like a 3-6 months pause in updates to be considered dropped and then its anyone's to get.
@FacePalmEXE you know viewers give power to translating team rights? I don't understand why you consider it such a taboo to point out a group being lazy/greedy. There are 50 more chapters left untranslated and the group gets off with doing 2-3 chapters and calling it a day. If I had any ability to read or understand japanese then I woulnt lose my time with these scanlator groups who drag on projects then end up dropping them because translator-san does not feel like doing it anymore.
If you are gonna tread translating as a business then do it to the very end and not move the line between work and pleasure however fits you best.
As an ending note I mentioned that whole event here because I kinda wish the same thing to happen here. Alice got like 1 max 2 chapters a month then , now it get a new chapter every single day and Alice chapters are way larger than most Senryuu ones.

Dex-chan lover
@StarixCrown
Its their fault they took too many projects
It's your fault you don't know Japanese and can't read the raws as they come out.
How's that for blame shifting?

Just be glad someone 's translating this for you. And if it's not happening fast enough for your taste, do what I do and learn Japanese. Think of "how much cash in form of donations" you could get, unless you're trolling and you know you can't make it into a real career.

@Nolonar your contribution to this discussion is useless .What kind of argument "go learn japanese" is ? If they translated manga out of their own good will they wouldn't start other projects without even being up to date with previous titles. I dont know if other groups are interested in translating this manga but Meraki Scans is doing no one a favor . I don't know the inner politics of this particular group but I can assure you that sometimes groups get outrageous amounts of cash to start translating other projects.
This is my assumption in this case to explain why would they start so many other active projects when Senryuu Shoujo is still nowhere near up to date and still do only 3 chapters a month while their other projects get weekly or even daily translations(granted they are korean manhwas )

Dex-chan lover
@StarixCrown
What kind of argument "go learn japanese" is ?
The same kind of argument "don't take too many projects" is. You're shifting the blame onto others, and it's a very shitty thing to do.
I'm glad you realized it, but the fact that you only realized when someone else used it against you speaks volumes about your willingness to contribute to any kind of discussion, really.

If they translated manga out of their own good will they wouldn't start other projects without even being up to date with previous titles.
They wouldn't? Why not? Who do you think they are, Jesus?
They're people like you and me (more like me than you, come to think of it), who got fed up with manga not releasing in the West, learned Japanese so they can read what they want to read, and then decided they'd let others profit from it, by releasing their translation to the public.

Just like you and me, they can get fed up with the manga, or the translating business altogether, or may have encountered a situation that prevents them from continuing their work. Accidents and unforeseen circumstances happen to everyone. And just because some people think they can make a living out of translating stuff, doesn't mean they're all the same. It's neither your place nor mine to decide why they do what they do.

Besides, they're a "group" because there's more than one person. You can easily be part of a group and only be willing to translate one kind of manga, while another person can be part of the same group and only be willing to translate a completely different manga. If you're going to invest your own free time for translation, why waste it on something that makes you puke 20 times per minute, if you could translate something you really enjoy? If you were willing to do that, you might as well go work for McDonald's, at least the pay's better.

But in the end, this entire discussion is meaningless. You're not paying to read any of these chapters, and the scanlators aren't getting a penny out of you reading it (this site is ad-free, remember?).
If you wish to donate, that's your prerogative. If you're willing to pay money for them to translate what you want when you want, go put up a commission, or go find some legitimate business like Crunchyroll, where you have all the rights to bitch around if you feel like they're wasting your money.

Or you take matters in your own hands and do the translation yourself. So many options, yet you choose to complain about people giving you stuff for free.

In the meantime, be glad someone's doing the translation at all. The alternative would be that nobody's doing the translation. If that's what you prefer, you might as well stop reading this series and unfollow it. Good bye, and good riddance.

@StarixCrown it's not taboo, you just sound like an ass doing it.
Crying about it here achieves nothing. If you think it's such an issue, do something about it. Get someone who can scanlate and get it done. Put your money where your mouth is.
If you won't, shut it and wait. Crying "gimmie more chapters!" doesn't help anyone.

@StarixCrown dude, this is the most professional grup. Another grup is have full with their own project. Tell me which grup will take it than? And i believe that many untranlated manga out there which same as good or better than this.

Users who are viewing this thread