Double-page supporter
In the novel, it was stated Richard actually was willing to give her a chance despite her size but he was so turn off with the combination of her weight and bad personality.

lmfao what's with all the extra weird pages
also are you gonna go past chapter 2?

Dex-chan lover
Go girl!
Seriously though, you should be alerted if you're already type II+ obese.

Thank you! I can't wait to read more! Great job translating and the bath scene looked great for all that had to be removed first!

Dex-chan lover
AnonKitty-chan, keep the scanlators note+meme to 1~2 pages plz.
It really breaks the flow when binge reading several chapters.

Wow someone got bored and went to town with those last few pages lmaoooo.
(I, for one, enjoyed them.)

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how many times they'll have to reiterate that she's fat and smells bad before us dumb readers finally get that, hey, she's fat and smells bad.

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@Seraphy it’s because of how huge a stigma being fat is in Japan. It’s why fat people are the butt of the joke almost all the time, or how a nice fat person is seen always eating. They will continue to reiterate her fatness until she suffers from anemia like so many characters in manga/anime.

Dex-chan lover
@Twi When your son comes out as a fat, you disown him. It is shameful display and dishonorable.

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@Fuko that and clothes that fit you will be hard to find since Japan has an actual law for the max waist size a person should have.
https://www.pri.org/stories/2009-11-10/fat-japan-youre-breaking-law

Dex-chan lover
I don't think redrawing something like that "abracadabra" is really necessary when you consider time spent to benefit gained. Just translate the sound effect off-panel.

Group Leader
when i was reading the novel, i always thought of richard as a tsundere when he's mad
and the covers made him seem like one too lmao

Aggregator gang
Here it is, the first obligatory "Luckily, I just happen to perfectly remember the completely non-essential bit of trivia from my previous life that will let me make a modern thing in this less technologically developed setting" that the overwhelming majority of isekai's have!

Honestly, I'd rather you not slap ABRACADABRA across that hotspring panel. It was jarring (combination of the size and font probably). In fact, if you just left it as it was and maybe just add a TL under the panel, that's fine. Also save you some redrawing time. No one will complain about it. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread