5MENP

Great guys thanks for your work! Finally some guys with an good humor! Are you working at the same time at DD HnK and Ichigo or will you finish DD first? Just curious.

a12

Power Uploader
@Justus_ Thank you! :)

To answer your question: I do one at a time, going between them as I do the volumes. My DD raws don't go very far, though, while I have most of IchiAji. At the rate I'm going, what I have of DD will be done by ~June-July.

Group Leader
@a12 Thank you for another Ishinomori release! Can't wait for White Troika as well. Thanks for finishing White Troika as well!
I saw you plan on doing a lot of retro shoujo in the future. Would you be interested in teaming up for a short Takemiya, Hagio or Masako Watanabe project? I can take care of the typesetting, redrawing and proofreading.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Thank you for your translations. Making so many classic series accessible, thank you.

You do God's work. Seriously, really have enjoyed your channel from the start, but the recent Hideko Mizuno work has been amazing--I've been a fanatic for nearly 30 years since reading about Fire! in Manga Manga as a young teen, but she has been so ignored by Western fans, I never thought I'd see more than a few short works translated to English anywhere.

Group Leader
Doing the work I wish I could be doing... Good job. You still want to do Gum Gum Punch?

Group Leader
Thank you so much for your work on Classic Manga

Say can you do the afterword for Super Taiheiki? if it even has one cause Tesso didn't do it

a12

Power Uploader
Also would like to say, thank you everyone for all your thanks. I really do appreciate all of them 😭 At the end of the day, I just want people to be able to read all of these works. Honestly for many I'm shocked they never got done... But, well, now they're here!

(Two people here have dmed me and dw i'll reply to your dms. I'm busy currently but i do see them and will get to them soon!)

Group Leader
Thank you for Balloon, I'm so happy to see underappreciated Year-24 Group authors get translated. And it was so poignant, I loved it.

a12

Power Uploader
@TayMae I don't, but yours was a pleasant surprise (I knew of Mysterious Joker beforehand), so I did actually consider it. However, 10 volumes is a bit much - I've already got a lot I'm set on doing as is - so I'm afraid I will have to decline 😥

@TayMae I don't, but yours was a pleasant surprise (I knew of Mysterious Joker beforehand), so I did actually consider it. However, 10 volumes is a bit much - I've already got a lot I'm set on doing as is - so I'm afraid I will have to decline 😥
Ok.

Fed-Kun's army
Hey, I was wondering since you have happiness meal on hold, if I could take over and some chapters? Totally understand though if you want don't to!

a12

Power Uploader
Hey, I was wondering since you have happiness meal on hold, if I could take over and some chapters? Totally understand though if you want don't to!
I can get back to it soon, don't worry! It's not a work that takes too much time to do as it's largely silent. I've just been focusing on either wrapping up some works or handling some others as of late.

a12

Power Uploader
Could you explain to me why the group is called "5MENP" I'm curious hahaha
Sure (I imagine a lot of my other readers, like the ones who read my shojo scanlations, my Tezuka scans, etc.) wonder where the name comes from.

You see, the earliest works I started scanlating for were Fist of the North Star gag manga. In Strawberry Flavor, you have a running gag with 'Nanto de 5MEN', a parody of male idols. The 'P' comes from Bandai's The iDOLM@STER series - producers will have the letter 'P' tagged onto them. So, the group's name essentially means 'Producer of (Nanto de) 5MEN'. It's meant to be a cheeky joke about what (one of) my main focuses is. I'm surprised nobody figured out sooner but here you go.

Users who are viewing this thread