5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 11 Ch. 88 - A Certain Boy and I ①

@RUD3DUD3 Yotsuba never told Fuutarou her name was Rena, that was Itsuki's doing when she disguised as her older sister at the lake.

@RUD3DUD3 The one giving name Rena is Itsuki disguised as the past girl. Yotsuba was a good girl who never tought her sister will ever try to pretend as her and so she didn't even think about marking him by telling all stuff about her name or her sisters and hey, she's just a cheerful little girl then and he's just a random boy she accidentally meet and maybe accidentally like, but then it happen and it happen again with the second victim Miku. The bad thing is how that little Ichika didn't tell little Fuutarou that she's not Yotsuba when they meet and spend time with each other.

Fed-Kun's army
@RetahSretah @JOA20 do we know for sure that it was Itsuki who met fuutarou at the lake? and not Yotsuba for the first time? that girl who was spying on fuutarou and Itsuki moonlight talk was Yotsuba and lake chapter is right after that and at that time Itsuki is staying with fuutarou's family and not only that we saw Yotsuba shortly after Rena's appearance. I think it was after that part that Yotsuba handed her Rena disguise bag to Itsuki which we saw in a chapter panel when Itsuki received it from Yotsuba.
also about ichicka not telling fuutarou that she is not Yotsuba i think quints pretty much told this themselves that they used to prank regularly on other people pretending to be their sisters or not telling who's who so nothing to make a fuss about this with fuutarou and ichicka, fuutarou doesn't even know Yotsuba had sisters let alone know they are quints actually so he behaved thinking it would be yotsuba and ichicka probably went with the flow thinking about it as a pretend play which they do regularly.

Edit : Just checked bag was received before rena appeared so yes it was itsuki and not yotsuba who gave that name.

@donm527 Some pages later, he himself says that he isn't sureabout it and she just seems like Miku.https://mangadex.org/chapter/507087/14

@kent12121 Child or not, she is lying to Fuutarou by impersonating Yotsuba. Even worse, Yotsuba is actually talking non-stop about Fuutarou and not only when she explain what's happening. It's pure envy and tried to stole from her sister.
But the worst is actually that we learned about how and why they started to be different: it's because of that single time. The reason is solely negative, it's not because they started to grow and like different things. The wound is actually so deep that it seems to worry their mother and it may be why Nino don't wanted anyone to come between them five.
And for the sake of the quint, Yotsuba gave up on fuutarou and the promise they made together: working hard enought to help their familly.

Ichika can get lost, she should stop acting so stupidly and start acting as the big sister instead of just saying she is the oldest.

@RUD3DUD3
ichicka probably went with the flow thinking about it as a pretend play
That's the problem men. Yotsuba started to show "i am different from them" because of it. Look just how sad she is after Ichika pretend to be her.

I dont know what ichika's fan is thinking anymore. I can understand they like how she do all kind of things she can to win (everyone has their own ideal girl) but how they can say "she didn't do anything wrong"??? SRSLY? She played her sisters role to do dirty things more than twice, why didnt she just say to yotsuba "wow, can I play with him, too?", she just secretly met him without having a word to yotsuba. After growing up, she performed herself as big sister but after the first victim cheer her up to join the war, she did dirty plays again. How overprotective of ichika's fan =.= !!!

@Rodork Yeah, In that same page you linked, Fuu even said to himself as Miku was walking away, that he had to rely on cheap tricks to tell her apart... but two panels later see her clench her fist and Fuu's eyes open wide at that sight in the next panel basically saying to himself something is not right... that maybe he was wrong... and blurted out Miku. He's getting there... but he got lucky and read the mood. If he had not noticed the clenched fist and let her walk away, the whole dynamic of their relationship would have been totally different going forward.

As for Ichika, I'm going to let the arc play out. Everyone is wanting her gone because they see the scene where they see Fuu with Ichika and it was the defining moment that changed her life forever but even though it may have been had a big part... all kids at that age will want to find their individuality and want to separate themselves from others. So many questions left to be answered like what happened with Ichika and Fuu that evening and how they met, etc. Interesting how Nino also saw Fuu "Fuu-kun" that evening too but didn't connect it. That evening Ichika went to the lounge... was she wandering looking for Yots and thought she'd find her in the lounge with the boy and that's how they met?? People make it sound like she ran to the lounge to steal Fuu lol.

And as for Ichika wounding her that Yots gave up on Fuu and the promise they made together... Yot's after that incident, started wearing the ribbon and she worked HARDER at being the best telling her mom, "I've studied harder than anyone else and first place last time" remember? The lounge incident may have triggered her desire to separate herself from her sisters as far as identity but I imagine the death of her mom was an even greater life changing event... for all the sisters.

Did that moment ruin her life from that point on?? Lol no because in current day all the sisters are relatively happy and their love for each other strong as ever. So there's a lot more to find out.

I found this chapter to be much more interesting than the last chapter so hope this arc is gaining more speed and we get more detail. Seeing that Nino was with Yots when they saw "Fuu-kun" and Ichika 5 years ago, I think it makes Chapter 85/pg 4 and onward make more sense when Nino said she recalled Ichika took an interest in Fuu-kun since the first day.

I had originally thought first day to be the first day at school Chapter 1, but now I think meaning when they were younger in Kyoto? And then Yot's comment on page 12 and then Nino's on page 17 where she said "had the timing of things been different (Nino meeting Fuu-kun in the lounge that day instead of Ichika?) maybe our roles may have been reversed" and you see the panel of Ichika grabbing a disguised Nino by the robe.

It seems like they are all on the same page of who that boy was in Kyoto and everything is out in the open for them.

Holy crap I am just mindblown
The poor dad isn't even in romantic relationships with the mom and suddenly gains 5 kids he can like have his own manga "these quintuplets I picked up can't be this cute"
Sigh now it makes me wonder if the dad is a virgin hahahahaha

Also wow I knew the most cheerful one has to have a dark side, triggered by ichika tbh

Man rereading this manga after this reveal makes you think that all chapters are Yotsuba chapters.

@Byonbyon I'm actually confused about that since i've been rereading, if you take a look at this
https://imgur.com/a/gOPIFhv
In Chapter 41 page 3, Itsuki says "We were living a life of poverty until our mother's remarriage with our current father."
I thought the same until I reread that tbh so maybe Negi had an oversight?

@balooball I always thought the stepfather was Rena's doctor that fell in love with her when he was treating her. Rena called him a "fan" to his daughters which I thought was an odd word unless she just didn't say that she was in love with someone new besides their father.

He did meet Fuu in Kyoto 5 years ago... and he did set him up as his first tutor... and setup the gathering at Scrambled Eggs arc... and made sure the sisters and Fuu were in the same class for their current year in school... so his story should be interesting.

I just hope he's not one of those sickos that fell in love with their mom but the love was never returned, so he adopts 5 Rena look-a-likes, watch them grow into a splitting image of their mom, and then marries one of them in the end. I would suspect Itsuki since she said, "I will be mom." Or maybe Yotsuba. 😁

@donm527
at first i thought u were weird for thinking about the dad might want to marry one of the quints, but than it hit me, u just watch alot of hentai to think that 😆

@dreadvirus

At first I thought that you might be right because cause I can't argue that I haven't read a few H labeled manga here and wondered myself how I came up with that scenario... But after going through my morning ritual of browsing CNN/Fox/Yahoo (pick your news source of choice) headlines... I realized... it's probably from reading the news. 😕 Messed up world we live in.

Users who are viewing this thread