5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 12 Ch. 104 - The Last Festival - Nino’s Side ②

Dex-chan lover
i was originally team nino, then team yotsuba, now i'm extra conflicted. nino has the most balls omg

Double-page supporter
You know i just realized what if the quint who kissed him at the bell won't kiss him again? Won't that give it away who kissed him then ichika kissed him now nino did we got miku,yotsuba, and itsuki next watch one of those 3 not kiss him 😬

Itsuki is the destined bride. Itsuki is the only studious, adult acting, and "Yamato Nadeshiko" on the sisters. Why do people think there is any debate? In Japan, family is taken very seriously. Itsuki was the first to meet his father and sister, and although #4 is friends with his sister, Itsuki is already accepted into his family. Hell, that's where she was when hiding from her father during the whole ridiculous "we'll live on our own" fiasco. The biggest clue though is their conversations. The wording is just "different" with Itsuki. Where the other four are kept at a distance because of their childishness, it seems that Itsuki and MC talk very casually. #1 through #4 are all being shown moving into their preferred professions after graduation (acting, cooking, etc.), where as Itsuki, although with difficulty, is working hard to get into college with, you guessed it.

And like Nisekoi showed, the "destined from childhood" routine is not taken seriously.

@princeofcups
Wow, for such a huge comment you sure did get most of it either backward, or straight up completely wrong.
-"Hell, that's where she was when hiding from her father during the whole ridiculous "we'll live on our own" fiasco. "
Wrong. You've got 2 completely different arcs mixed up
-" because of their childishness"
In case you haven't noticed, Itsuki is the most childish out the 5.
-"#1 through #4 are all being shown moving into their preferred professions after graduation (acting, cooking, etc.), where as Itsuki, although with difficulty, is working hard to get into college with, you guessed it."
Isn't that what the case with Itsuki as well? Moving into her preferred profession after graduation? She also never said she wants to get to the same college as Fuutarou.
What preferred profession after graduation is Nino moving into? The only thing we know is that she's working hard to get into college with, you guessed it.
What preferred profession after graduation is Yotsuba moving into?
-"And like Nisekoi showed, the "destined from childhood" routine is not taken seriously."
This isn't Nisekoi.

Please re-read the manga and try again.

thanks for the tl dropout. We was lucky to have two group to translate our favorite manga

@InvinCybul

I would say Yotsuba is the most childish of the 5... From her wanting to be special in the beginning and then getting herself expelled in high school, to always saying yes to everyone around her that asks her to the point in troubling her sisters (Nino covering for her in the show for once), for her telling ichika she'll quit school too when she decided to quit, to still not knowing what she wants to do with her life or make her own decisions... when Itsuki is way ahead of her on that (even though she's struggling).

... man listing just those things at the top of my head... how can anyone see Yotsuba as not being the most childish??

@princeofcups

Really doubt Itsuki will be the bride. She's taken on the mother role of the family when her mom died. She knows Miku, Nino and Ichika love Fuutarou and suspects Yotsuba does and wants her to tell Fuu she was the one she met in Kyoto. I imagine she will stay out of this and support all the sisters best she can as a mother figure would.

Itsuki does have a good relationship with Fuu and Negi started off the misdirection pretty well in the beginning with them hanging out and going to the arcade and stuff. But hasn't shown any intention of more than a sister-in-law closeness except with the recent tease at the water park... just to keep the harem wishing fans happy. Yes she's known more by Fuu's dad and daughter but coming over for dinner and staying over doesn't mean they've picked their favorite sister. If anything, Yotsuba has a super close relationship with Raiha also so I don't think Raiha is picking favorites... It's a win-win for her (and her dad) anyways because whoever Fuu picks, she gets all five as sister-in-laws anyways.

Chapeters 102 and 103... if you want to see being able to talk casually and open with each other. Even Itsuki can't compare to the relationship Ichika and Fuu has. They can each open up to each other to show their lame side to each other. If that isn't the definition of a husband and wife couple, I don't know what it 😉

@TheFlash080

Who know what it means if there is a quint that ends up not kissing him. With Negi he's playing so many mind games I won't be surprised if he leaves TWO girls not kissing him then people will wonder which of the two remaining is the bell kisser lol!

I haven't been sold on the idea of all the girls kissing him anyways. Itsuki for one. It would be like seeing Fuu kiss his sister. And Yotsuba is another. We'll really have to see what happens in her side. She's got major issues to deal with besides confessing to Fuu. We'll see.

@donm527
-"how can anyone see Yotsuba as not being the most childish?"
Half of the stuff you listed was when they were 13 years old. Literal children.
Itsuki is the most childish because she's an impulsive crybaby that can't even take care of her own well being.
She can't even wake up to school by herself.
Have you forgotten all the times when every other sister had to take care of her?
That also includes the time Yotsuba brought her a change of clothes and textbooks for school after Itsuki in a blind rage flew out of the door as she stood because she got called fat without even having enough common sense to take her wallet with her.
-"She's taken on the mother role of the family when her mom died"
Itsuki hasn't taken on anything. There's a difference between saying you want to do something and actually doing it.
There isn't a single instance in the manga when she has acted like a mother would.
When there were problems with her sisters in 7 Goodbyes and Scrambled Eggs Itsuki forced all the trouble of dealing with them onto Fuutarou.
When Ichika was trying to cause her sisters as much pain and suffering as she possibly could in Sisters' War Itsuki was happily stuffing her face completely oblivous to what was happening.
She couldn't even bring herself to talk with Ichika about her plans to leave school.

@InvinCybul

Whoa whoa whoa there... The wanting to be special... that may have started after kyoto... But the rest??

From getting expelled from high school on?? We are only talking about at most the last TWO years of their life... From year two high school to current time year three.

Seriously... saying she'll quit school because Ichika was going to... even Itsuki wouldn't come up with such a childish idea.

Offering herself or not being able to say no to anyone that asks... over choosing to say no to study because you can't graduate if you dont.... childish. I mean think about this one... she got expelled from her last high school because she was concentrating on sports than studying to stay special! And now she risks her grades again cause she can't say no to anyone. That's worse than Itsuki waking up late for school imo lol.

From the moment she got expelled and transferred with her sisters... she then changed from wanting to be special... to not wanting to be special... that's what's been keeping her from telling Fuutarou that she was the girl from Kyoto and telling him that she loves him or from jumping into the bowl with her other sisters because she didn't want to be the special one over the other sisters in Fuutarou's life!! That is... C-H-I-L-D-I-S-H.

And let's by clear... I like Yotsuba. She's got a good heart. Her mind is a bit off. She has a lot of growing up to do.

Interesting way you see Itsuki though in some of your examples. Can't even wake up to school by herself?? That's really an example of being childish?? I actually don't recall that to be a recurring theme. And the other examples you mention... i really don't agree with but just not in the mood to tackle them right now point by point... even though I could convincingly. maybe someone else. But my reply above should suffice as far as Yotsuba goes.

@InvinCybul

Ok, pulled up a few things...

From Nino's own mouth... "Stop trying to take our mother's place!"

https://mangadex.org/chapter/351296/5 (Page 5)

Even though she may not be the best at it, it's always her wish to do... Just like Ichika may not be the best at it, she's tried to be "big sis Ichika" for her sisters after her mom's death and proved herself many times over.

A couple of examples when you said you couldnt find a single one. There are others... subtle... but they are there. she wants to take the mother role... but it can seen as the supportive sister role... but she's constantly there for her sisters like this...

This part of the story, Ituski being the overprotective mother trying to understand Fuutarou and I guess his feelings/intentions to her sisters.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/195330/18

https://mangadex.org/chapter/654411/15

https://mangadex.org/chapter/668720/2

Users who are viewing this thread