5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 8 Ch. 68 - Scrambled Eggs ⑧

Dex-chan lover
phew after reading all the comments about high possible of harem ending, I feel relived.

@phokingjoke No Miku is not Rena.

Main point... Miku is fully resolved in that she’s in love with Fuutarou and fully resolved to win his heart regardless of being at top of grades or not. With that in mind, if she was Rena, at this point she would tell him she’s Rena if it was true... game over for the rest of her sisters.

There is a sister out there that may love Fuutarou and may be brave enough to go kiss him by the bell but hasn’t fully resolved to it like Miku. Same for Nino. If Nino was Rena, she would have no problem in saying so at this point and knocking her sisters out of the game.

It leaves the the other 3 sisters and one of them is not showing her true feelings. Ichika is almost there and still think it’s her because she has so much more character development with Fuutarou. Youtsuba would be a surprise but anything is possible. Itsuki... she just doesn’t seem fully into him imo.

Also imo Harem ending is not possible. For one, from chapter one and recent chapter where he sealed the deal with a kiss, he's has definitely married a sister. So unless they are in another country, poligamy is probably illegal. I don't think friends and family in attendance would be agreeable with it too. Too easy to wish a harem ending for a series and this series story hasn't been as silly as most that can end in a harem and basically the MC choice open ended. They didn't do a harem ending in Nikesoi so it ain't happening here lol.

Another and most important thing. Fuutarou has been a stand up MC the whole time. It wouldnt be him to string all 5 girls and not in his heart to love all of them. He surely doesn't show a deep love for all in that way. Even if he knows their feelings like Nino and miku.

He's shown much more feelings for Itchika so far.

Dex-chan lover
Well this comment board, mc's brain and everyone of us are all scrambled egg now

I'm so impressed by the story its really great, well done author. i have zero idea on who was that girl all I can do is speculate.
I don't know what chapter will anime run, wish they would finish all chapter for the anime.

It's Ichika.

Bride has the same earring as Ichika.

Girl on the manga cover in the wedding dress is Ichika.

It's gotta be Ichika bros

Fed-Kun's army
Holy crap, the comments just exploded. Makes me wonder if the anime will also start the beginning of The Great Waifu Wars of the Third Era...

@Kotalier I like the observations made, although I feel like a lot of other factors of the story are being dismissed in Miku's favour. As donm527 mentions, the story/themes that have revolved around Miku have been about her love towards him, and in the latest, it's been about her ending her relation as tutor/student with him and have one that is eye-to-eye. Unless the author is really hiding her deeper depths, the focus she has had would give her too many things that she is dealing with. If the statements she has made about love over the chapters are to be true, (yet again as donm has already stated), her being "Rena" would be an advantageous tool.

Certainly, Miku has been a shy one, but I feel that you read too much into her actions. When she was averting her gaze and being a pace away, it could have been just her personality as a shy individual. When she was close to Fuutaro in the waters, that could have been the author choosing a girl to have a little good tease. To my understanding, Rena wanted to become better, but Miku at the start wasn't exactly striving for that; if she had given up on it... well, among the five sisters, she seems the least driven to have the sisters be together (not that she doesn't want to be together, but she is showing off to be the least proactive). Some may say that it is a front, but then the same can be said for other characters.

I'd actually hypothesize that it is still Yotsuba. Even though when Rena showed up, Yotsuba was supposed to be on the run, but we haven't been given a definite time frame of how long she was away from the running group. Of course, why would she carry a dress and wig around, we are not certain, but if you state that some things are not determined finitely, I'll also mention the others that don't seem so clear too.

She is also "the least developed"... not because she lacks development, but the author doesn't place too much attention to what goes on internally. The others have gone through their own journey, but Yotsuba has been a wild card. This is also the possible reason why people don't see her as Rena because not much has been offered about her, thus there is less a strong impression upon her unless an individual likes her off the bat whereas most others stick her in the "side heroine" position... to my dismay. But that's life. But just like yours, my theory is but a theory and I could be wrong.

@nwatn any of the girls could have had their ears pierced... heck, they may have pierced it for the wedding. imo, the "earing" idea would only work when identifying Ichika in the present, not in the future.

Well, just shotgunned the whole series in a day. Hello folks! What a ride, huh? I just had to come in at the end of a major arc.

Reading through your comments, I'm really glad to see all the interest! None of my friends are following the manga so I have no one to talk to about it, even though some are watching the anime. I'm still holding out hope for the OT6/harem ending, for reasons people have said here - there have been so many points toward it, even with the now-emerging themes (mostly with Nino) of growing up and growing apart. In any other series, I would expect that to be foreshadowing for Fuutarou picking one of them and the others accepting it as proof of being grown-up adults now, but the theming has always been grow and change so we can complement each other even better - not grow and change so we drift apart. The girls are all whole characters and people on their own, of course, but they're also 20%. Everything from the finals mini-arc, to the bonfire legend, the cake sharing motif, to the friggin' title of the series - it's all hinting at being together, no matter what. And it was good seeing that photo with their grandpa reinforcing that, too. No matter what happens and how heated things get in the future (which is to say, the rest of the series), the girls will always have each other.

I'm just gonna applaud Nhani's interpretation of the multiple wedding dresses, too. Those things aren't easy to put on, so they can't quick-change, but one dress for each of them would be just about right. Actually, we haven't seen the other sisters yet, come to think of it. I believe we've only been shown the same sister in all the flashbacks... but my official guess is now that all of them are wearing wedding dresses. I don't predict we'll have a problem with their dad. If he's agreed to the marriage of one, he may as well have agreed to the marriage of any of the five - or all of the five. We've also already been shown that he doesn't seem to be that bad of a guy at heart. He just doesn't like Fuutarou because Fuutarou's insult to him hit him in a sensitive area and was basically 100% accurate, and I think the girls' dad knows that.

Edit: One thing I will say... I'm glad the author included that little bit that implied that Ichika talked things out with Nino and was open with her, though it seems like a weird thing to do off-screen. Ichika was shown in a light I didn't like in this arc, where her sneakier side and tendency to lie came through, and I was upset when she tried to cut down Nino's feelings - even if she was panicking and wasn't doing it maliciously. I know she wouldn't have wanted to leave things like that herself, so I'm glad that air has been cleared. Still knocked Ichika a few points down on the Best Girl rating, though.

Also, the author is actually very good about leaving subtle clues when "mystery" elements are introduced. It's like a mystery novel - the clues are there if you know where to look, and are probably clearer upon a second read-through. The only time he's actively misled us is with Ichika's hurt ankle, I think? Heck, you can see in this thread how many clues there are to pore over already. The answer is sure to be something consistent with the breadcrumbs, we just don't have enough breadcrumbs yet to say for sure if the best ending is the one we're getting.

Dex-chan lover
@Kotalier thanks, it was an interesting read. I agree that Nino and Yotsuba are out of the picture and the possible candidates are the other three. I personally think Rena was Itsuki,mainly because if I remember correctly at the time she was the one who knew the most about Foutarou's involvement with the Kyoto girl and so the most likely to impersonate her in order to cheer him. I'll try reading again those chapter with your analysis in mind when I'll have more time to see if there was something I missed.

Users who are viewing this thread