5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 9 Ch. 75 - The Five Cranes Show their Gratitude

Dex-chan lover
OMG.
Ichika is "big sis" no more. And she says Nino has the brakes broken. LOL

Guess they have been quintuplets far too long.

Double-page supporter
@b-no Aren't you a bit too vocal about this "hating Ichika" thing? As you said before, Nino was quite detestable early in the series and she made detestable things, I don't think the manga is ending anytime soon so there's plenty of chances for Ichika to "redeem" herself, not that she made anything too sketchy really.
All the quintuplets, except maybe Yotsuba, lied about their identity at some point in the manga so it's not really that big of a deal, in fact that "half-lie" Ichika said while pretending to be Miku could lead to great development for the both of them.

I think it's quite interesting since I've never seen a female character "confess" like this, I wonder when, and if, the lie will be uncovered what will happen.

Group Leader
@Finalegend I think you missed the part where I said
"Still, there's time for her to realize what she's done and reflect about it."
. I said it on each of my replies albeit worded differently. For the record, I also hated Nino at the start and not just me but a lot hated her as well in the beginning of the series.

now I am confusing
go for team Miku ?
go for team Nino ?
go for team Ichika
& now for team Itsuki ?
like really ?
they all amazing on their ways

Power Uploader
So... despite all his bragging last chapter, he really didn't realize it wasn't Miku?

Fed-Kun's army
I will tell you all someday so
Oh No... First girl trope.
im thoroughly pissed that he couldn't figure out it was not miku in last chapter. Fuutarou might be denser than orimura ichika.

Fed-Kun's army
@b-no @Finalegend you guys are forgetting something really important, the hardest to win is the one who's gonna love u the most.
The one thing that they all have in common is that they're all potential yandere's.

PS: Yotsuba still took a step forward despite what she said, I think she can be the most cunning of them all.

Fed-Kun's army
@Yautja Rarely any series done their character setting as good as this manga imo. The fact that people can keep changing ship basically shows how much character progress happening.
And considering all the future glimpses that we have now, all the girls seems get along all happy. I can't see myself being disappointed even if Fuu doesn't chooses Yotsuba in that outcome.

Aggregator gang
@421cookies
Rarely? You don't know what that word means or read much manga. "Character Setting" isn't even a thing, it's not a term used, so I'm leaning towards the former. So no, it isn't, what's happening is people are just switching to the one getting the most attention and showing the most personality in any given arc while the others are relegated to side characters. That's nothing special. People are giving a shit about who's in the spotlight.

Fed-Kun's army
@Yautja No, I'm not even sure myself whether that's the term they use to define that (and my MDlist pretty much about as much as yours).
That's basically how all harem works though. Giving attention to each heroines so they can all equally develop their personalities for the war of main character. And it's not like there's that many people changing their ship by every arc or something. It's just there's a fluctuation of which character is to the liking of people, which is good compared to most harem that just blatantly see through who the winner is. (I'm always on Yotsuba side since the oneshot even now that I can't really expect her to win though)
Also why the fuck someone is asking for specialty in literature by this era. Everything is literally just modified idea from one to another at this point.

Aggregator gang
@421cookies
Because it isn't a term used. Google "character setting" and see how many results actually have those two words next to each other without a comma in between. And why are you using a word you clearly don't understand, which you can't understand because it isn't used / doesn't exist, to try and make a point? It seems like equivocation to me; you're just stringing together buzz words in a hope that I won't have a clue what the hell you're talking about and will just let it slide.

Good thing I said I'm leaning towards the former then, and that you simply don't have any idea what you're talking about, which you just admitted to. And good job rehashing my comments, because your second, third and fifth sentences are basically just plagiarisms of what I've said: "people have gotten so used to absolutely shit harem manga and now this by comparison looks amazing" being the principal one, but you somehow seem to think you've made a point your favor.

Really? There isn't? Go look at the comments when Miku's arc was happening and compare them now, people's preferences have changed significantly and are in tune with which character's arc is currently running. You're just full of shit if you think there's no significant change. Just read the damn comments. 20 chapters in, it was completely homogeneous; "Miku, Miku, Miku" and now it's complete chaos. People are all over the place, jumping ships and having their waifu wars.

"Why the fuck someone is asking for specialty in literature?", what a generic and disingenuous argument. Again, unless you're simply ignorant, people use that word among others to refer to the quality of something as well as the originality, which you would know if you read my comments. Quit being pedantic. You clearly don't pay enough attention to pull it off.

Fed-Kun's army
@Yautja I choose that term just because I sometime use them and no one ever correct me though. Also it's pretty literal. I mean, you got what it means even if the term isn't a thing right?

What am I even arguing about again? Isn't it you looking this manga as generic and I'm trying to give out my opinion? I'm saying the characters are good and you don't even trying to come close see why I'm saying they're good.

I didn't say there isn't any people changing ship and Miku still the majority is a fact. She is a good character from base and getting her love progress earliest favor her a lot. Then other girls get more coverage one by one, some people that not loyal to Miku either move on the ship or start to care for the other girls too. So yeah, things change but it's mostly comes by naturally. Also, Did you know that last exam arc is sorted out by votes ranking from first to last? Imagine Nino wasn't the last and didn't get the confession. What a shitty character she would still be right now. Negi basically know that Nino is unlikable character and brave enough to led readers onto his game. No generic harem manga would go so far based on all harem that I've read.

That's nothing special.
Welp, this is pretty much a generic and disingenuous argument by itself lmao. Idk if you define 'special' the same way as me but, for me it's about superiority and originality. Unless something weird happened to the world, I don't see such thing would ever come.

Anyway, it's morning in my place now. I gotta sleep. Nice to chat with you and have a nice day.

Aggregator gang
@421cookies
Probably because no one knew what the hell you were talking about. And no it's not "pretty literal". It makes no sense. A setting is a place or surroundings. A character is a person. A character setting makes as much sense as a wallet trigger.
What am I even arguing about again?
Nothing coherently.
I'm saying the characters are good and you don't even trying to come close see why I'm saying they're good.
Me: "people are just switching to the one getting the most attention and showing the most personality in any given arc while the others are relegated to side characters. "
You: "That's basically how all harem works though. "
Also Me: "people have gotten so used to absolutely shit harem manga and now this by comparison looks amazing"
Also You: "most harem that just blatantly see through who the winner is"

While I'm teaching you words, should I teach you the words "inconsistency" or "contradiction"? Your statements at the very least don't contribute to your position that the characters in this story are high quality and I'd argue, if anything, contradict that claim as I generalized most harems negatively. Next you largely agreed to both generalizations while holding the position that this harem falls into one of those generalizations and is yet somehow good. You've failed to make any coherent argument in favor of this specific manga or it's characters. You've just asserted that it's good and taken what I've said makes it generic or bad and tried to spin it as a positive.
I didn't say there isn't any people changing ship and Miku still the majority is a fact.
Also You: "it's not like there's that many people changing their ship by every arc or something."
You Dos: "The fact that people can keep changing ship basically shows how much character progress happening. "
You Again: "It's just there's a fluctuation of which character is to the liking of people"
Me: "You're just full of shit if you think there's no significant change"

I feel like I already mentioned something about being pedantic, inconsistency and contradictions.
Also, Did you know that last exam arc is sorted out by votes ranking from first to last? Imagine Nino wasn't the last and didn't get the confession. What a shitty character she would still be right now. Negi basically know that Nino is unlikable character and brave enough to led readers onto his game. No generic harem manga would go so far based on all harem that I've read.
That shows what your experience is worth.

Welp, this is pretty much a generic and disingenuous argument by itself lmao.
Am I going to have to teach you what a "generic and disingenuous argument" is as well? Because, yet again, you're using words you clearly don't understand. Saying something is nothing special is a statement, adjective or a noun. It's not an argument, it's an opinion or estimation. Your stupid question on the other hand was apart of a generic or disingenuous argument as you claimed "Everything is literally just modified idea from one to another at this point.", a ridiculous oversimplification that is not true. Whereas my argument was this manga switches between characters, giving them the spotlight and pushing the other characters into the background. It's doing nothing special to make the other girls more likable.
for me it's about superiority and originality.
So kinda like quality or originality? If something is superior it's of higher or good quality. Good lord, you really need a dictionary.
Unless something weird happened to the world, I don't see such thing would ever come.
No, something weird happened to you, because you're a fantastic example of a person who has no idea what they're talking about.

Fed-Kun's army
@Yautja God, it keeps getting longer and longer. Not keen enough to read it up so just forget about it.
Thanks for taking on your time to write all of that. Have your day.

Aggregator gang
@421cookies
Not that it'd do you any good considering your responses up until this point. A sizable chunk of it's copy pasted examples of you contradicting yourself, quotes of you saying stupid things / using words you don't understand or otherwise justifying my general points.

I can’t believe no one has tried to play the quintuplet game with the latest cover page, on who’s who with the young quintuplets.

In order to figure out the sequence of the young quint. We need to compare both their high school selves and young adult selves. The number sequence with the teenage quint is the following: 4,3,5,2,1 while the young adult sequence is: 5,2,1,4,3.

The difference between them is three years as evidence by ch.68, and if you shift the former sequence forward by three steps, we’ll get the latter sequence as a result. So, by using that logic, we’ll shift the current (teen) sequence back by five steps, the amount of year since Fuutarou meet Kyoto girl. And what we ended up with is: 4,3,5,2,1 the exact same sequence as their current selves.

This… is actually consistent with what Yotsuba said about Ichika being the leader of the quint so it’s natural that Ichika will be at the front of the group. There’s something pinkish on young Nino’s dress which I’m not sure what it is. What’s surprising is that young Yotsuba is lagging behind the other four, considering her physicality in the series. Young Miku stood out from the rest as she’s the only one we could clearly see her face, is looking back which contrast with the other looking forward, as well as being position right at the centre of the cover despite not being in the middle of the sequence.

Now for the chapter itself. While we don’t see what happen after fake Miku drop the bomb last chapter we did see the effect it has on Fuutarou the next day. And to be honest, I’m a bit worried about how this will affect his standing in the national mock exam.

Also, it seems like one of Fuutarou’s priority is to inquire Miku alone. But getting the quint back to passing marks and making into the top 10 of the national mock exams, take precedence over it. Once that’s over, Fuutarou will need to be strategic. Luckily, Miku’s gift is something he could use to his advantage, just make sure Ichika is busy on the day they will visit the gym.

@Kotalier if yotsuba is the one who's lagging behind, i can presume she was the one who approach young fuutarou because she was lost and the one who fetch young yotsuba is probably nino because she "knows" about young fuutarou sometime ago (chapter 23)

Users who are viewing this thread