5Toubun no Hanayome

Dex-chan lover
@escalipse
Why do you think it spoils the entire ending? Looks just like the start of the anime, I didn't think that spoiled anything.

Overall, at least an 7.5/10 and worth a read, especially if you liked Nisekoi.

Very good for the first roughly 2/3, would definitely recommend. However, last 3rd and ending are a bit disappointing. Seems to drag out, only to rush the ending that isnt well supported by the story up till that point.
As for the ending/choice
I honestly feel as if any of the other girls were a better choice than Yotsuba. Her character development took a backseat to the rest of the sisters for most of the story, than got crammed near the end. Nisekoi ending somehow got it better. Just didnt feel as genuine as if it had been a nino, miku or itsuki.

the end is so rushed i am kinda disappointed that i read this whole manga in 2 days just for that to happen..
Nino is always best girl for me. i watched the anime 2 days ago in (almost) 1 sitting because that anime was so good. it also ended up being the first manga ever that i read just because it is so good. Yotsuba was literally the worst girl for the whole time for me, she didn't even ever get proper character development till the end. It all felt rushed and i am truly disheartened.

Dex-chan lover
IF Japan has polygamy laws in place, would a harem end actually happen?

I know some countries allows polygamy marriage around the globe.... beats cheating i guess.....

Contributor
@ DanTheMan6383
Even
Yotsubros
were unhappy with the ending, seeing as how the wedding and honeymoon included all five sisters instead of focusing on the bride.

Dex-chan lover
I felt that author tried so hard to hide the identity of the bride that build up of the romance was shafted. The result is that couple is not really believable. Yotsuba is my 3rd favorite quintuplet personality and design wise but she got no synergy with Fuutarou. It doesn't help that she got so little focus in the story and her arc was the most underwhelming. Even Ichika who acted as a jerk got more spotlight. In the end I felt that the best matches would be Miku or Nino who expressed their love for the protagonist and had great developpment. As for Istuki, i guessed she played the role of bait FL in the beginning? Lol she is such a tourist in this romcom.
Anyways, great manga but the end was a missed opportunity. Also that last arc dragged on for eeeever.

Aight. The final extra was a nice fan service session. I appreciate it.
I thought I had rated this 7 previously, since I was full of salt with how all this ended...but 8 thanks to the fan service.
RIP--just a memory to never bring up again.

Double-page supporter
@no168_92
Yeah but expect the marriages to be interracial with yellow fever people going all out to catch Japanese women like pokemon, it'll also just ruin the chances of the hikki guys, it'll probably make them become even more reclusive. Japanese don't count seeing a prostitute as cheating for the wedded so they are okay with cheating I guess

Dex-chan lover
@ribbitribbitsaga

I was talking about the manga having a harem end while being realistic a lil bit....

as for the IRL possibility of the law, the law makers could easily make it so that it only applies to natural born citizens.... heck, even to be a citizen if you're a foreigner is harder in Japan than most country, since they are already high in population and have quite an ingrained racial superiority bias...

Overall? A 7.5 is fair. Thanks to the scanteams for bringing this here. Personally i loved the \a\ traductions.

The plot is simple, but effective. Keeps the story going. Maybe is a little too long in the last part but its fine (in the end the author had to show a lot of backstories).
The MC is very plain and stays the same until almost the very end, I would loved to see some interactions that could get his feelings involve and as a consecuence, evolve.
The FMCs are the real deal of this manga (i guess in all harem type mangas this is a fact, didnt read a lot of romance harem), but some of them doesnt start to evolve until the story is too advanced (or are plain dead until the end).
Not in any team, so i was ok with the decision ( would only dislike 1 of them), but because the MC was so plain seemed a "yeah lets go with you, why not".

After all, this was a smooth read that kept me hooked for 3 days and left this feeling of sadness (or emptyness?) that you get when you end a nice read. Time to jump to another manga to try to forget the quintuplets!!

Can someone make an ending for each girl? I mean, I'm f*cking happy with the way it turned out and would love to die happily... but I'm curious... what if Uesugi married someone else.

My biggest gripe about the ending the useless addition of the blood related father towards the end. The character gave off creepy pedophile vibes especially since he was the mom's teacher unless I read the wrong translation, and he was a tutor.

This manga is surprisingly good for a harem. The MC is a character on its own and not just the quintessential moron harem protagonist and the girls, while based off of stereotypes, each have their own complex personality.
To everyone reading this manga for the first time, I would recommend reading it as a mystery story rather than a romcom.
In some chapters, it's hard to understand what is going on. It's a 9/10 for me

Users who are viewing this thread