6 Worlds of Cultivation

I speak French so I guess I'll give it a shot but there's something special about reading an Asian language in English lol.

There's already over 30 chapters, I'll save you from your misery -- this isn't worth reading.
Well at least for now.

I still wouldn't recommend tho...
TL;DR -- It's not worth your time, or at least at the moment it isn't. But just by 32 chapters alone, there is no promising potential in this web comic. It does not even cover the cultivation elements well and the characters and story is pushed around without a second thought, leaving both flat without a direction. From those chapters alone, there are more plot holes than a story itself.

Not sure if there's a LN for this so I may be ranting without any full knowledge, but I've given myself three chances to read this and every single time I reread and try to understand it's concepts and story line, it just leaves me more frustrated and baffled of how a story can be so chaotic and unorganized.

Characters are boring, the story is inconsistent, it's as if the MC has no goal whatsoever, there is no direction in the story and each chapter does not explain a single detail about the back story or any meaningful information about the world and its concepts making it seem like the whole story is full of gaping holes. I may have given up early as there is only about 30 chapters, but I've read a bunch of cultivation type stories and this doesn't even amount to a decent one. The art isn't bad, it actually more vibrant than some wuxia style web comics out there, but this doesn't balance out the bad story telling. Each coming chapter not only showcases a new story line and characters, but they are not properly introduced to make sure that there is a connection to the previous section of the story. When these new parts are introduced it's as if the previous ones didn't matter or the author didn't bother connecting them to tie loose ends or at least fill the plot holes. I am well aware that there are some stories that has some plot holes that are left to keep the story going, but it works out because the rest of the story and character development makes sense. BUT, this one in particular.. the author definitely does not have the story grounded, leaving every chapter a mess, leaving readers confused every. Single. Chapter.

The MC is a child who grew up under a monk who is seen praying/paying respect to the Buddha (as seen on chapter 1). In this chapter, the boy can be seen as free spirited, caring, and even grateful, especially towards the monk/his master who decided to raise him. The boy seems to be knowledgeable of the general basis of "cultivation" which could show that he isn't an airhead and can get around talking to the community and learning that way. Although he has lived in that small village under the care of the monk, it can be assumed that he is sheltered and does not know the ways of the outside world since he is also still a child at this point. That is why it is also relevant how he does not know how to give respect or show politeness towards strangers. He is cheeky towards people who seem nice, and judges others easily. Yes, he is a child. But, given the fact that not only did he serve under a monk, he is also grateful to him as he is his guardian would show at least some decency in treating people. Even with all of this information, his character development went from 0 to 100 within the next following chapters without any further background support. He suddenly became spoiled and greedy, even getting a warning from and an elder master, yet does not listen and later ends up killing a man who was bullying him (Yes, that man also wanted to kill him, but there was no lead up to why the MC should kill him, he just suddenly knew that he should kill him before he gets killed himself, which is weird for a kid to think about when he has not experienced any similar situation until he entered the sect). And let me tell you, this character change happened probably within a couple months or less since he left the small village.

It's not just his character, every character in the web comic is uninteresting and isn't relatable, making them flat. There are so many characters introduced within the 30 chapters but these characters are placed and are only used to tell readers where the MC is going and lead him there. They don't even help the readers learn or understand the MC or the newly introduced characters other than their names, title, and how powerful they are. I'd say the monk himself is the most interesting character so far (and you only get to know him for the first few chapters until he disappears) while every other character including the MC himself is a train wreck.

I could ramble on, but after wasting some time on this, I'd rather not waste anymore. Read if you want to be frustrated every chapter, crushing your hopes in improvements in every turn. I really hoped the story gets better or makes more sense every chapter, but readers are only left with more confusion. It might be just my opinion, but it feels as if the author is throwing as many cool and interesting concepts as they can, but fail to bring them as they are not thoroughly explained or attempted properly.

This is one of the rare cases I actually rant and write an explanation because this one really left a strong bad impression one me.

Users who are viewing this thread