I feel like she was able to react because she has an Enhanced sense of Sight. Like how Tanjirou has Enhanced sense of smell, Zenitsu Enhanced sense of hearing and Inosuke with his enhanced sense of touch. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she has an enhanced sense as well because of the way she talked about the detail of the way his face is. Also while we're at it i'm gonna say that Genya has an enhanced sense of taste and that can explain how he's able to get demon powers by consuming them.

@ryushin5
I agree with you, they all have some sort of specialty with each sense. Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kanao, and Genya are either stated or hinted at having a specific skill with each sense. In this case, there's hints that Kanao has superior vision because of how well she can see the color of Douma's face, enough to conclude how he truly is. I'd even go as far to say her design eludes to it as well, seeing when she was a child her eyes were huge. Genya having superior taste would explain his ability to eat demons rather well. It would also make sense since those 5 are from the same batch of survivors from the final selection. It's kind of like fate, to have all 5 senses become demon hunters all at the same time.

@Pipiplup

iirc :

Tanjirou : Smell
Zenitsu : Hearing
Inosuke : Sense of Touch
Genya : Stomach ... he can eat demons to gain their power for a certain period of time
Kanao : ... let's just say she has venomous mouth like most of venomous/poisonous animals

@zetsubouzanti

I agree with those too, especially Kanao's lol. We'll just have to see where Gotouge goes with this.

Dex-chan lover
I like Douma, such an ass. his lines from page 14 are hilarious. Kanao's look of digust was hilarious as well.

Double-page supporter
Her looking down in disgust wakes my whatever-fetish I might have. I need more

Fed-Kun's army
If she was stronger then she would've been the pillar instead. Author now retconinng.

Lmfaoo My girl Kanano out here dissing the demons and an upper moon 2 at that, even his fast regeneration wont heal that burn, she has no chill at all

@zetsubouzanto
Actually it's more like this

Tanjirou : Sense of Smell
Zenitsu : Sense of Hearing
Inosuke : Sense of Touch
Genya : Sense of Taste
Kanao : Sense of Sight

Double-page supporter
@KobeisGOAT
It's not a retcon, Kanao's more 'talented' (has a better physique suited for battle, e.g. not underweight, can cut a demon's head off), she's just not a pillar because she hasn't either a) killed enough demons or b) killed a moon. Kanao was just missing experience.

Users who are viewing this thread