I always knew the shadow worlds were going to be a huge timesink that killed the story, I didn't want to be right. This is just bad plotting why would any reader care about a fake worlds fake problems?

@ZookaDex we don't care about the world. Although I don't really remember what happens if you complete all the quests, they get items or something right? It's about how the MCs react, grow and learn from this fake world. If done right is awesome, just like in Zero. He repeats every time from the same savepoint until he grows and does things right. It's boring if donde wrong is good if done right.
Also there are plenty fiction works that use this same way of doing things, it's all about the characters growth. And it also works to change things up a bit.

and this is the last time i dived into this comment section from this site, for this manga, this beyond dumb, its just straight away lying to sound right, makes sense ? goddamn it dosent, but thats the point, no one criticizing things here make any sense, this manga has the looks of a very long story, and im all for it, i read one piece and the likes of it, and this story really explains a lot about the world highlights side characters very well, and shows multiple plots going on, the world really looks interesting and i cant wait to see how the real one will be now that the mc will go prepared, ppl are literally forgetting that not too long ago we had a huge fight, and are complaining about slow ? they almost seem to want a story to have 3 chapters, been start mid and end, and thats it. bunch of morons, funniest part is that im SURE they read way worst things praising it as a god-gift

Group Leader
@LadyLyn totally agree, they also forget the shadow worlds are what the story is literally about, it's been set up since chapters 1-2-3. Chapters 1-2-3 were straight up a context dump for when this happened and people still don't understand the story.
--
Explanation is simple: they didn't actually read the story, they just skipped over the text and looked at images and now they expect to understand the story.
--
You can actually tell who is up to date and actually read the series and who hasn't: the people that did read everything properly have full context of what's happening and get into some pretty interesting discussions about the events such as the politics and events unfolding; meanwhile the people that didn't keep asking "what's a shadow world", "this shadow world thing is ruining the story" and so on...
--
They forget the story isn't actually about the school. It's about the development of the characters in these chalanges that have been explained, set up and properly introduced to us with amazing pacing.

Group Leader
@ZookaDex Ye bruh, totally agree bruh! The main plotline of the plot explained in chapter 1 is totally ruining the plot! Fuck this plot bruh. Totally didn't see it coming even though it has been all about this plot since chapter 1-2! This fake world plot is totally ruining the story i started reading which happens to have the same plot! Fuck this plot bruh.

@Compooky

Yeah, after not reading the first 64 chapters, I'm really confused as to what these shadow worlds are even supposed to be.

And what's with these pop ups? This some kind of guy who enters dungeons and levels up? But not solo? Is he a Group Leveler?

Dex-chan lover
"CUTE"
cute.png

cute2.png

What a mess this story is turning into. How did people in the past 10 years cleared the shadow world when they are not trained in the fine details of governing the world? There were a commoner rebellion and lots of nobles were killed in the supposedly real world. And you are telling me people that could not even governing their own world properly can go inside a shadow world and solve their problems?

This starts out like a RPG, with skills and battles. Now it is turning into a visual novel Otome game to raise people's favorability (the lord's opinion of you raises! CG unlocked! ) and capture them. People entering the shadow world should be from the political science academy instead of battle magic academy.

If this goes on, I bet the original chapter 1,2,3 shows the Bad End of an Otome game. You are not supposed to fight the Dragon! You will never beat it! You are supposed to find the right dragon egg, carefully raise it until it turns into a little girl then capture her heart! Love makes the world go around, right?

@keialpha

How did people in the past 10 years cleared the shadow world when they are not trained in the fine details of governing the world?

They didn't always clear them. Literally last chapter Desir talked about The Holy State falling because of the shadow worlds.

And you are telling me people that could not even governing their own world properly can go inside a shadow world and solve their problems?

Sure, why not? Give the right people enough power and they can build an economic power house of a country. Give the wrong people that power, and they can turn it into a desolate wasteland. As well, the quest system helps to guide them to a specific answer. And not necessarily the "right" answer. Is accepting all of the vagrants, and doing commerce with them the "right answer"? Life's not black and white like that.

But the quests are. The quests have specific requirements that Desir and them have to figure out, and then figure out how to meet. I think you'll find that meeting specific requirements is a lot easier than debating back and forth on a fundamentally moral gray area.

The quests are also in such a way that they're not impossible to complete per say. Clearly with the positions all of Desir's party have been put in, they were given the tools & directions needed to figure out the quests, and with the right answers clear said quests. Which is why Romantica is a merchant, imagine that.

This starts out like a RPG, with skills and battles.

This started out as a story about a world being ravaged by the shadow worlds. Shadow worlds that are events in the past with specific quests to complete.

People entering the shadow world should be from the political science academy instead of battle magic academy.

Yes, because clearly political scientists could've fended off the Estaban's attack. Also it's not just a battle magic academy, they have an entire library stocked with a plethora of books, including documentation on a whole host of shadow worlds that had already been completed in the past.

If this goes on, I bet the original chapter 1,2,3 shows the Bad End of an Otome game. You are not supposed to fight the Dragon! You will never beat it! You are supposed to find the right dragon egg, carefully raise it until it turns into a little girl then capture her heart! Love makes the world go around, right?

I highly doubt that. That's just a strawman you've built to justify your displeasure with the story not just being a, as you called it "RPG with skills and battle". As if RPGs don't have systems for people's favorability.

@Retard_ i read zookadex's complaints as more about the pacing as he called the arc a timesink.

i'm not a fan of the pacing myself in the sense of the passing of time. time between arcs feels vague, probably because the arcs are almost entirely self contained. i think this web comic would benefit a lot from more concurrent plotlines that aren't resolved seemingly immediately.

oh, and more good recurring characters. the teacher that brought desir to the academy is probably the best example with the chef in this shadow world being second. most others feel... disposable.

Well, I have to drop this. This is a "bait and switch" story. The shadow world quest is no longer consistent with the earlier story. The genre of the story pre- shadowworld and in-shadowworld are too different.

So far in this shadow world, battle power is not necessary. Once the food bas been switched to sand before the invasion starts, the quest no longer requires battles, since losing the battle does not change the quest outcome.

Reading this quest just reminds me of a second rate gay-themed Otome game. The lord has no female companions, and is one of the capture targets. He has the standard tragic backstory that cause him to close his heart to other people. As the player get closer to him, raising flags and completing his quest, the love meter increases until his heart is captured. The beast tribe leader is the hidden capture target. The route is open only after he is defeated in battle and placed in jail. Then the player go to jail and visit him to raise flags, until the tribe's future is secured by a treaty and his heart is captured. And the handsome Desir will capture their hearts in this game, which is what we saw in the chapters.

I am all for mixing different genre to create more interesting story, but this is not it.

@keialpha

Don't let anything I'm about to say stop you from dropping the series. I'd honestly prefer that you dropped it.

However, for future people that might care.

The shadow world quest is no longer consistent with the earlier story.

**ahem** Chapter 2.

n51A4hb.png

So far in this shadow world, battle power is not necessary. Once the food bas been switched to sand before the invasion starts, the quest no longer requires battles, since losing the battle does not change the quest outcome.

This is purely an opinion. The food was only partially swapped with sand, the food was still in the same building. And the only thing preventing them from further searching for the food (or doing a repeat raid in the following days) was Adjest. And ultimately, as both the King and Desir noted, it was all a gamble. The Estebans very well could've torched the building and they would've lost all their food stores.

Reading this quest just reminds me of a second rate gay-themed Otome game.

You're really obsessed with the gay thing. So much so that you go out of your way to strawman the story and frame it in such a ridiculous way.

Dex-chan lover
I believe some peoples forgot that the characters in this manhwa enters Shadow World so that the Shadow Worlds won't destroy their world. It's as simple as that, especially when there are some example of some countries that got ruined by Shadow World.
If else why would they even enter it if not for achievement / glory?

Then another things is like in a picture of a comment from @TheOneWhoSighs, it's taken from history from their world. It can be something like a great war, a great plague that sweeps across the countries, or other things. The objective of the one that enters Shadow World is "To Search" the correct way that should be done according to the Shadow World itself, for reference can be found by Desir in some chapter i forgot where...
So they can either goes the brute way or goes the smart way, depends on what situation. If they don't have the capability to think of a way out they will be eliminated, naturally it's like "Natural Selection" in a sense.

Users who are viewing this thread