Dex-chan lover
@TheOneWhoSighs I don't want to upset them, I just don't want to help them anymore.
Mangadex is one of the few sites who respects the wish of the scanlators about their works (waiting time, link to their site, don't upload without consent... and no, no scantrad team ever own a series...).
That they stop uploading on the site I wouldn't mind and I would have continued to read on their site. But removing their scans was too much for me.

But like you say, they do what they want, I do what I want, everybody is (not) happy and yay ! "lol"

Group Leader
Can you make better translations please ? For example, by stopping abbreviations, because it is difficult to read. But thx for the chapter.

@Clad95150

Mangadex is one of the few sites who respects the wish of the scanlators about their works

Which is why they have rules like after 6 months of inactivity they can upload all of your stuff even if it was originally against your wishes.

Or how often they never actually ask anyone for permission to upload said scans, and just start uploading.

If Vimeo started uploading YouTuber's videos after they were inactive for 6 months, or started uploading YouTuber's videos without ever asking then but "taking them down on request", would you say they're "content creator friendly"?

All the while drawing in donations and selling mouse pads for work they didn't do and often didn't ask permission for.

And the plus, is that they have a hyperactive community of 4channers and redditors willing to come bug the hell out of you. Hell, you can literally look on the other upload and see the amount of people complaining about the watermarks from funbe.

All I'm saying, is MangaDex isn't nearly as friendly as it's painted. And the Apple esque defense of it the community has is pretty good evidence of exactly that. It's just an aggregate. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dex-chan lover
I'll assume that this is a shitpost, but dude got a better raw, maybe work the tl with the other guy??

Users who are viewing this thread