Dex-chan lover
Not bad, thanks for your effort.
Would be better if you able to clean original spanish translation since some still visible and kinda distracting.

@Srbindy

it's good that you don't have any ill intent but sniping for the most part refers to how you released a scan ahead of the group that is considered actively working on a series. In this case it's still within sensible time range of when the usual group, TSHH, normally releases a chapter (approx. monthly).

It's considered inactive when a group hasn't released any chapter for months on end, way out of their usual schedule, or the group has stated they've dropped the series. You can read rule 2.4. the rule isn't specifically about sniping itself but works just as well as a guideline of whether or not it's fine to take over a series, or you can directly ask the group in question.

Also it's normally in good faith to ask for permission to use another group's scan as a base.

I hope none of you ever end up on jury duty. Good samaritan did a well-meaning but highly flawed public service, fully aware that it wasn't great and made clear that it wasn't for credit. Could OP have done a little more research beforehand to see if the main scan group was really dead or just taking their time? Sure. Could they have got in contact with either the main English group or the Spanish group they based their work off of? Of course, though let's be real, nerd-to-nerd here: no one likes going to an already established group of strangers, even online, to ask for their input. Could the translation job itself be better? Well... duh, but the whole point was that they did a rush job just to give readers something to look forward to. I've seen much bigger team projects fuck up the size or the font or forget to translate some text plenty of times. Everybody makes mistakes. No need to crucify a guy with honest intentions just because it doesn't live up to your standards of free illegal manga scans. Bashing on OP won't do TSHH any good, you know. Literally their first effort at scanlating; if they were a known scan sniper, that'd be a different story.

@Srbindy I give you the benefit of the doubt and say you did this for the readers can sort of reading it early and this chapter is just for practice. That being said, I want you to know that it is very fair for people to "accuse" or be angry since your execution wasn't done right. Regardless of your intention, your quality fits the description of what a typical Speedscan and Low-Quality Sniping are. There are so many of them exist so people will bound to lose their mind. Especially, the MangaDex Drama still lingers around so some people might get even more sensitive. Therefore, I suggest you join the Manga Dex Discord group and ask for advice and tips because there are a lot of pros and veterans inside there. Also, put the disclaimer on the first page instead and clarify it a bit more.

@mud I assume that you're trolling when you said that. The previous group caught up with the raw and this chapter came out after 2 weeks plus. Give them a break.

@kellizer-levvit If a construction worker means well and fucks up, should no one blame him ? No, your an idiot if you think so. Shitty work is shitty work, doesn't matter what excuse you have.

@Ahsis
You're going to compare someone who makes a low-quality manga translation... to a person working in construction who threatens the physical safety of others with their substandard work? That's an absurd comparison, no one is dying because of this. Shall we execute people who cut in line, too, Judge Dredd?

Dex-chan lover
Might as well just put a translation script and retain the raw untouched, because this is awful.

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting that the comments persist in a twilight zone even after the chapter has been deleted.

@Oeconomist

i understand that you're just trying to preempt those who would try to use that debate as an excuse for sloppy editing

there's really no need to accuse me of straw-manning, since i was quite openly giving you the benefit of the doubt. please read the rest of the post once you've recognized that i'm not trying to insult you or anything.

mud

@KitsuneAoi
I am just saying that it shouldn't be considered Sniping if the group putting it up is only doing it for people who are tired of waiting a month for the translation that most groups would have done in two weeks, especially for a monthly serialization as short as this one.

Dex-chan lover
@furopoi

That you did engage in straw-man argument is sufficient reason for accusing you of doing so.

The issue of insult is secondary; the issue of gross msrepresentation is primary. And your inability to acknowledge what you did makes your notions of helpfulness seem themselves unhelpful.

@Kellizer-Levvit You can try to deflect all you want, but at the end of the day, your the scum who thinks shitty work is fine. Not me. Your the reason why people get away with thing's that aren't up to standard because you go "Oh but they did something" Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

@Ahsis
You're gonna' end up on an astral plane of existence with all that projecting your body is doing. Show me where I said that this was totally sufficient, perfectly acceptable and should become the new norm instead of more experienced scanlations. You can't, because I didn't. It's not "deflection" when your point was missing the mark from the start. Never did I say "this is a good thing", only "this isn't as bad as people are making it out to be", which includes your ridiculously over-the-top crusading against an issue that barely registers being angry over. Standards are necessary, but you know what else is necessary? Forgiveness. Not a blank check to let people fuck up over and over and sweep problems under the rug, just the ability to give people second chances, because no one is perfect or gets it right on their first try. I can sense your passion and can tell that you think your position is crucial in keeping things high quality, but in reality, you're just scaring away the very people you think you're supporting. How will new scanlation groups ever start if people bash their first efforts? Would you keep trying something new if everyone told you that you were shit at it and should just leave it to the pros? Spoiler alert: The pros were once beginners, too! Everyone starts from zero and everyone has to start somewhere. You can't get better if you don't keep trying. The OP made mistakes, but they did so in the spirit of trying to help others and improve themselves. What do your comments do? You don't see TSHH in here railing against this, so why should you? You're getting angry on behalf of someone who has no use for anger. If you really want to make a difference, go help a scanlation group yourself. It's easy being negative, but a bit harder to do something constructive. (and criticism that makes people want to give up is in fact not constructive)

@Kellizer-Levvit Honestly, Not even gonna read that mess of words you just spewed out, Your not worth the effort it takes to talk to you, because you have your head so far up your ass that it's visible through your mouth. I've made my point, Your an idiot, I'm moving on with this.

Users who are viewing this thread